Re: Flynn has earned the time

I think expectation on the part of the fans is behind a lot of it, and I stress expectation, not hope. Every season I hope we'll go up as champions, but I don't EXPECT it.
What I do expect is one-and-a-half points per game + three wins on the bounce on three occasions during the season.
I wouldn't be calling for his head for not finishing top, but I might be if he fell very far short of what I expect.

On a game by game basis, I do expect players to be able to hit a target that is 8ft x 8 yds, I do expect a GK to catch a ball where possible. I do expect players to do the bread and butter stuff well.
At the moment they aren't.
I do believe he still has credit in the bank. We can put this season down to being a run o' the mill season. All teams get them!

Before retiring every January we had the AGM.
My old boss a millionaire business man would get all his managers to make a statement.
I would start by saying Boss last year was superb sales were brilliant and before I could say anymore the hand would come up.
"Thank you Paul for a great 201* but its gone now what are you going to do for me this year"
Flynny the list you trawled out is fantastic but its now and the future we are concerned about.
Would be gobsmacked if he was in any danger but this season with a few exceptions we have been dire.
Great defence but a woeful midfield and attack.
if we continue to plummet questions need asking.
Go on a decent run and nothing to talk or worry about.
One thing does worry me though our Argus writer states Flynny needs the summer to build a team.
What happened this year.

Marvel no good 2 year contract
Lazar no good and left
Whiteley loaned out 2 year contract
Leadbitter New he was crocked but still signed him.
Tristan Promising start but woeful now
Polleon What can you say.

Haynes Great start but average now
Baker Not Flynnys fault but out for season after couple of games.

Howkins struggling to get a place.

King Very good signing.

Just start winning Mike problem solved but get better advice on next years batch of signings

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Before retiring every January we had the AGM.
My old boss a millionaire business man would get all his managers to make a statement.
I would start by saying Boss last year was superb sales were brilliant and before I could say anymore the hand would come up.
"Thank you Paul for a great 201* but its gone now what are you going to do for me this year"
Flynny the list you trawled out is fantastic but its now and the future we are concerned about.
Would be gobsmacked if he was in any danger but this season with a few exceptions we have been dire.
One thing does worry me though our Argus writer states Flynny needs the summer to build a team.
What happened this year.

Lazar no good and left

King Very good signing.

Just start winning Mike problem solved but get better advice on next years batch of signings
So you've changed your mind then - seeing as you've been one of the most vociferous in demanding he gets sacked.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Before retiring every January we had the AGM.
What happened this year.

Lazar no good and left

King Very good signing.

So you've changed your mind then - seeing as you've been one of the most vociferous in demanding he gets sacked.

Make it up as you go.
"One of the most vociferous in demanding he gets sacked"

Quote all these examples of this demand you suggest I am making.

Had a look just in case I had missed all these demands.

Happy to quote what I said after Saturday word for word.

"Flynny loose Wednesday and you need a hard look at yourself and your position"

Now if you turn that around to me DEMANDING he be sacked not a lot I can say.

Perhaps I should of said.

"Its all okay nothing to worry about just crack on as we are".

So Whoareya,
Your saying that irrelevant whether the manager has a one month contract or a ten year deal we should hold him to that contract ?
I could never see any club paying the compensation that him having a two year contract from us if they wanted him and he wanted to join them. They would say these are the terms , take them or be left with an unhappy manager
If he wants to stay then so be it. He proved he wanted to move on by going for the interview at Lincoln because it was a better job in his eyes.
GF could have said to him ..... ''No you cant have an interview'' and ''your not going to join them for however much they are offering you or how much you want to leave because your contracted to us ''
What would we be left with ? An unhappy manager who has a few years contract with the club.
Whats the answer ?
Put him on gardening leave and continue paying him ?
Make him work his notice , even though he doesnt want to be here ?
Tell him to shut up , do his job he is getting paid to do ?

You know ALL the answers , can you tell us less informed members of this board ......

A contract in football IMO isnt worth the paper its written on. If a player / manager wants to leave then they can do so when they want or they have the power to literally ''down tools''.....
KMB did it to us this season . He seemed happy to sit in the stands on match day and collect his wages for just attending training. He obviously had a problem between himself and MF and we couldnt just get rid because he had a two year deal . He left the club when HE wanted to because I believe he turned down one or two loan deals set up by MF.

MF could leave us when he wanted too irrelevant of his contract extension and we would be pretty powerless to stop him..Yes we could hold him to it but would it be worth it ?

We as a club somehow gifted him with an improved pay and extended contract because he tried to leave us...#madness

neilcork68 wrote:So Whoareya,
Your saying that irrelevant whether the manager has a one month contract or a ten year deal we should hold him to that contract ?
I could never see any club paying the compensation that him having a two year contract from us if they wanted him and he wanted to join them. They would say these are the terms , take them or be left with an unhappy manager
If he wants to stay then so be it. He proved he wanted to move on by going for the interview at Lincoln because it was a better job in his eyes.
GF could have said to him ..... ''No you cant have an interview'' and ''your not going to join them for however much they are offering you or how much you want to leave because your contracted to us ''
What would we be left with ? An unhappy manager who has a few years contract with the club.
Whats the answer ?
Put him on gardening leave and continue paying him ?
Make him work his notice , even though he doesnt want to be here ?
Tell him to shut up , do his job he is getting paid to do ?

You know ALL the answers , can you tell us less informed members of this board ......

A contract in football IMO isnt worth the paper its written on. If a player / manager wants to leave then they can do so when they want or they have the power to literally ''down tools''.....
KMB did it to us this season . He seemed happy to sit in the stands on match day and collect his wages for just attending training. He obviously had a problem between himself and MF and we couldnt just get rid because he had a two year deal . He left the club when HE wanted to because I believe he turned down one or two loan deals set up by MF.

MF could leave us when he wanted too irrelevant of his contract extension and we would be pretty powerless to stop him..Yes we could hold him to it but would it be worth it ?

We as a club somehow gifted him with an improved pay and extended contract because he tried to leave us...#madness
So you've just posted an uniformed opinion of the value of contracts, no substance, just that 'you cant see it happening'?

It happens all the time, people are released from contract by terms or negotiated settlement.

And you expect to be taken seriously by a troll?

:jerk:

Claudiou Ranieri won the Premiership trophy for Leicester ............How could they ever think that they had the right to sack him when things were not going well ????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MF did for us what he did and earned his praise /plaudits for it....At present 18 points from 60 and only scoring 14 goals in 20 games prove that his side are not 'doing the business' and deserves to be questioned for it. Thats relegation form
I am of the belief that he should be replaced because I dont feel he has the ability to turn it around and a new man would have the rest of the season to judge the squad and get rid of the 'dead wood' MF had brought in. Not give him more time to waste more money on more poor signings.
Results early season have papered over the cracks that we have been in pretty poor form and lacking entertainment since he went for the Lincoln job late September 2019

neilcork68 wrote:Claudiou Ranieri won the Premiership trophy for Leicester ............How could they ever think that they had the right to sack him when things were not going well ????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MF did for us what he did and earned his praise /plaudits for it....At present 18 points from 60 and only scoring 14 goals in 20 games prove that his side are not 'doing the business' and deserves to be questioned for it. Thats relegation form
I am of the belief that he should be replaced because I dont feel he has the ability to turn it around and a new man would have the rest of the season to judge the squad and get rid of the 'dead wood' MF had brought in. Not give him more time to waste more money on more poor signings.
Results early season have papered over the cracks that we have been in pretty poor form and lacking entertainment since he went for the Lincoln job late September 2019
And why did they sack him? because they were ONE point above the relegation zone and at imminent risk of relegation from the richest league in the world.

Relegation form is only relevant if you get relegated - we are not getting relegated.

Keep him in charge and let him waste another load of cash in the summer on 'poor signings ' and we will be relegated next season.IMO and in his own words, ''relegation could kill this club''

He has been found out and his tactics are poor., The entertainment value is awful and it seems he has no answers to turn it around. We are playing crap and I dont have faith in him turning it around.
He saved the club from relegation with players that he DIDN'T sign. He managed to get a game out of them where Westley couldnt.
Are many of his signings better players and are we playing better ? Again IMO.......... NO

Morganrum wrote:I’m dismayed Penman has written an article based on several people regurgitating the same shit on different threads.
A bit lazy and controversial style journalism imo. Mike would have had his response well polished and prepared on that one - too easy.

I won't add to the ' based on several people regurgitating the same shit on different threads' comment, as I have made my comments on this on other threads and if I say anything it will only serve to bring the 'several' out of their gloomy, doomy Newport County shadows.

Pretty damned good CV mind, can understand why other clubs wanted our man and why we (Our Board that makes real world, realtime decisions) really wanted to keep him. Well played say I.

Oh and that CV is so much better, relevant and creditable than some of the other 'football managers' on here... some of whom's logic is to replace him with ANother manager (named plucked out of a list of current out of work managers.......).