Re: Flynn has earned the time

Look at the six longest serving managers across the four divisions, counting downwards from Ainsworth. All their clubs will have had bad spells and I would say all bar Klopp have punched above their weight. You could even say he has, given Liverpool's record-breaking dominance this season.

Gareth Ainsworth, Wycombe
Eddie Howe, Bournemouth
Sean Dyche, Burnley
John Coleman, Accrington
Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool
Nigel Clough, Burton

Now look at the bottom six clubs, counting upwards
Stevenage
Blackpool
Bradford
Scunthorpe
Cambridge
Macclesfield

l

These experiences and runs of bad form will only make Mike a better long term manager. The mistakes that have been made will be not made next season.
If we can keep our defence together and add a goal scoring striker eg. like Doyle, Swindon, Bowman Exeter, Palmer Crawley and bring in an attacking midfielder who contributes to the goals( eg. Sarcevic and Rose of Plymouth and Mansfield.) no reason why we cannot make a push for automatic promotion.
Must get the signings spot on along with the departures.

For me, I'd give him more time, as I think like many clubs in the mid-table positions in their league, its the want of a consistent striker that holds up progress.
It's goals that take you to play-offs, not just the ability of the manager. He's done enough to show he can get us to touching distance, and with some of his tools missing I admit he's looking shaky, but he needs better on the pitch than he's got.

On 1st January I posted that in my opinion Flynn needed to get at least 12 points from the next 10 games. Eight League games later County have picked up 10 points.

For what it's worth my view is that whilst I don't think that he should go I am very close to changing my mind.

So a question for those who remain supportive of Michael Flynn. At what point would you change your minds?

And for completeness. Rightly Michael Flynn will be remembered for the great escape. It was a considerable achievement. And although we seldom see County entertaining the fans, football is a results business and up until October Flynn did get results. But three wins in twenty League matches is form which will see us relegated next season if it were repeated.