Re: We could do with a Jason Bowen

Blackandamber wrote:
glyn wrote:My footage from this match

Glyn.
Thanks Glyn. Your footage was from the opposite side to BBC's coverage. The TV commentators were going on about how poor the game was. Obviously biased towards Kairdiff. I just wish some of our recent games had half as much exciting.
Just spotted that the game at Ninian Park was on 19th February 2008. Exactly 12 years ago. Lets hope it's a good omen for tonight.

Blackandamber wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Glyn.
Thanks Glyn. Your footage was from the opposite side to BBC's coverage. The TV commentators were going on about how poor the game was. Obviously biased towards Kairdiff. I just wish some of our recent games had half as much exciting.
Just spotted that the game at Ninian Park was on 19th February 2008. Exactly 12 years ago. Lets hope it's a good omen for tonight.
Good spot that

It was the last time I've been frogmarched to a match unbelievable :shock:

Blackandamber wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Glyn.
It actually seems longer ago than that. Totally different era and another reminder of how far we've come since then.
Bowen was (and still is) my favourite ever County player. I saw Aldridge, Tynan etc and even though they were fantastic, Bowen was a different level.

The Cat wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Glyn.
It actually seems longer ago than that. Totally different era and another reminder of how far we've come since then.
Bowen was (and still is) my favourite ever County player. I saw Aldridge, Tynan etc and even though they were fantastic, Bowen was a different level.
Jason Bowen class but a different level to Tynan and Aldo is just plain daft.
Add in Alfie Hale also.
Players well before just as good also.
Appreciate totally different eras.
Jason was also playing a couple of levels down also.
Crazy but he is not even in the Hall of Fame

Yes, Bowen shone because of the limitations of the average player at that level of football. Players with his pedigree were scarce, indeed non existent in Conference South. I think I remember his first match (at Havant?) with Jonathan Coates also in the side. Now there's two polar opposites. I may have crossed threads over their appearances. Someone will correct me, I'm sure.