Re: Enough is Enough

Podge was also a penalty taker so another reason to leave him on.Now,Robbie takes his fair share of dead balls so,why take him off seconds before the shootout.Flynny never takes him off so,as dead ball expert,should have been ahead of Inniss in the pecking order.I'm not blaming Inniss,someone has to miss but,come on.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:What are your thoughts on Salford’s budget and January signings ?

Credit where it’s due though , you got in before Percy , Frank & Cork
Spider

Fair do's you got to back your mate up but its getting a total joke now.
Lennie/Wayne what are they bringing to the club.
Loose Saturday and your mate has to give way as well.
Its totally clueless.
Regarding a keeper and replacement fullback its a total joke that there is nobody out there out of contract.
Salford despite money spent hardly made king work for his money tonight.
Fed up of listing Flynnys crap signings this year so I wont bother.

Just waiting for Percy now..

pretty good bench of Salford’s tonight though. How dare we lose on penalties
Deluded.
By him a pint tomorrow eh.

Don't think we were that bad. Just missed that cutting edge, or lucky bounce in the box that we've had in the past. Would be nice though if we had a ref blow up for Matt being held in the box one game, might be the bit of luck we need to actually get a win.

We overachieved massively last season and we are a mid-table League 2 side. A bit of luck and a good run of form could get us into the play-offs each season, as we've seen, but without that, it's mid-table. I'd like to think we're still building someone with Flynn, others might disagree, but I hope this is a learning curve for him and he can identify what went wrong ready for next season.

DT1892 wrote:Don't think we were that bad. Just missed that cutting edge, or lucky bounce in the box that we've had in the past. Would be nice though if we had a ref blow up for Matt being held in the box one game, might be the bit of luck we need to actually get a win.

We overachieved massively last season and we are a mid-table League 2 side. A bit of luck and a good run of form could get us into the play-offs each season, as we've seen, but without that, it's mid-table. I'd like to think we're still building someone with Flynn, others might disagree, but I hope this is a learning curve for him and he can identify what went wrong ready for next season.
Cannot agree.
Apart from our defence we are a relegation or at best bottom 4 side currently, thanks to the defence we will pick up quite a few scoreless draws.

Spiderman wrote:Right on cue , the three quickest posters didn’t disappoint

Right on cue you spout the same old crap sticking up for Flynn.
How any sensible person can justify backing him or see any positives from yet another poor performance is beyond me...Never mind you keep backing Michael .
5 games without a goal
14 goals in 20 games
18 points out of 60
4 wins out of 20 games
5 shots on target in our last 3 games

Yeah hes doing a wonderful job is our Micheal

Give your head a wobble mate, It is what it is :lol:

DT1892 wrote:Don't think we were that bad. Just missed that cutting edge, or lucky bounce in the box that we've had in the past. Would be nice though if we had a ref blow up for Matt being held in the box one game, might be the bit of luck we need to actually get a win.

Come on mate , seriously, we were poor for the vast majority of the game (as we have been for many of our last 15/20 games) ... ok, we overachieved last season but we kept the majority of that team and had a budget increase to go for one step further this season. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out like that and we’re just struggling to get anything going forward.
The one game in this tournament we play our full strength available team and we draw a blank ...

Exile 1976 wrote:

Come on mate , seriously, we were poor for the vast majority of the game (as we have been for many of our last 15/20 games) ... ok, we overachieved last season but we kept the majority of that team and had a budget increase to go for one step further this season. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out like that and we’re just struggling to get anything going forward.
The one game in this tournament we play our full strength available team and we draw a blank ...
Didn't say we were amazing. Just said I don't think we were as bad as some people are making out.

We huff and puff and work as hard as any team in the league.
We have one of the best defences ( thankfully ) we just lack team leadership , confidence , tactical awareness and someone who can score a b loody goal.....

Problem is week after week its the same old story...Thank god we have points on board and are mid table or the last 17 games would be squeaky bum time

DT1892 wrote:
We overachieved massively last season....

The city of Newport has a population of over 150,000. The conurbation is over 300,000. It is bigger than Burnley, and Blackburn and many other towns who do so much better than us. Accrington has a population of fewer than one fifth that of Newport. Accrington are an example of over achieving.

Finishing 7th in Division 4 is not overachieving. It should feel like a very disappointing season. Until we start believing in ourselves and putting an end this poor little Newport crap, we will keep on being failures.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

The city of Newport has a population of over 150,000. The conurbation is over 300,000. It is bigger than Burnley, and Blackburn and many other towns who do so much better than us. Accrington has a population of fewer than one fifth that of Newport. Accrington are an example of over achieving.

Finishing 7th in Division 4 is not overachieving. It should feel like a very disappointing season. Until we start believing in ourselves and putting an end this poor little Newport crap, we will keep on being failures.

Its a Newport thing and it is what it is :wink: :roll: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

Great. None of that is relevant to the fact that I think the squad of players we had last season overachieved. We finished higher than we should have with the players we had.

DT1892 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

Great. None of that is relevant to the fact that I think the squad of players we had last season overachieved. We finished higher than we should have with the players we had.
They didn't overachieve in fact the opposite after a couple of years of great Cup results they should have pissed the play offs.
Same side this year not a patch in comparison including the management.
More I think of it loose Saturday and its time for a change.