Re: What the hell? Name and Shame!

excessbee wrote:The starting point for the investigation must surely be to take McCall at his word. However, in law, that probably needs confirmation from at least one of our supporters. Hopefully someone will do so.
The complaint is not just about what the idiot said but the chanting also.
Regarding taking the manager at his word.
I believe they had just gone 2-1 down, seriously do you think he would get into comments from a moron unless it was bang out of order.
He ignored the idiot to start with but he just kept shouting at him.
As I said the Steward did bugger all not even radioing for help.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:The starting point for the investigation must surely be to take McCall at his word. However, in law, that probably needs confirmation from at least one of our supporters. Hopefully someone will do so.
The complaint is not just about what the idiot said but the chanting also.
Regarding taking the manager at his word.
I believe they had just gone 2-1 down, seriously do you think he would get into comments from a moron unless it was bang out of order.
He ignored the idiot to start with but he just kept shouting at him.
As I said the Steward did bugger all not even radioing for help.
Read what I wrote. I'm not suggesting McCall made it up, the complete opposite in fact. However, it's far more likely to stick if someone comes forward to confirm it. I can't do so. Like me, you are fairly sure something was said, but it needs more than that.

Afternoon chaps,

Just a quick visit to address a couple of things.

Please do not think the actions of one absolute idiot, reflect badly on your club as whole,Trust me its not the first time this has happened.

We even have some whoppers amongst our own fanbase who cant see the issue in setting off flares and smokebombs in our away ends, much to the distress of some others.

The person in question has obvious links to leeds, it was them who caused "the chip van" incident. There appears to be a bit of confusion surrounding it so here goes for anyone unaware.

The season after the fire disaster we had to play leeds united at the rugby ground in bradford, segregation was a big issue. Anyway trouble ensued and amongst the fighting , the leeds fans there decided it would be fun to topple the mobile catering van. obviously the old gas canisters used for heating, hot oil, and flames mixed to have the thing catch fire and for a while roll towards fans. Obviously this been so soon after the fire caused quite a lot of panic in the ground.

Stuart mccalls father was involved in the initial fire at valley parade and stuart was also playing at odsal that day of the leeds trouble. Whoever decide to carry on in your end on saturday obviously knew a trigger for mccall so probably not your average newport fan.

Anyway moving on, good luck for the rest of the season, old flynny will always be remembered for puttimg us in front at elland road as an awful league 2 team (somethings never change).

By the way, nice gesture on the other thread although that should never have been necessary

bantam in peace wrote:Afternoon chaps,

Please do not think the actions of one absolute idiot, reflect badly on your club as whole,Trust me its not the first time this has happened.

We even have some whoppers amongst our own fanbase who cant see the issue in setting off flares and smokebombs in our away ends, much to the distress of some others.

The person in question has obvious links to leeds, it was them who caused "the chip van" incident. There appears to be a bit of confusion surrounding it so here goes for anyone unaware.

The season after the fire disaster we had to play leeds united at the rugby ground in bradford, segregation was a big issue. Anyway trouble ensued and amongst the fighting , the leeds fans there decided it would be fun to topple the mobile catering van. obviously the old gas canisters used for heating, hot oil, and flames mixed to have the thing catch fire and for a while roll towards fans. Obviously this been so soon after the fire caused quite a lot of panic in the ground.

Stuart mccalls father was involved in the initial fire at valley parade and stuart was also playing at odsal that day of the leeds trouble. Whoever decide to carry on in your end on saturday obviously knew a trigger for mccall so probably not your average newport fan.

Anyway moving on, good luck for the rest of the season, old flynny will always be remembered for puttimg us in front at elland road as an awful league 2 team (somethings never change).

By the way, nice gesture on the other thread although that should never have been necessary
Well, that is a nice positive entry from a guy who went to the trouble of making all of us feel at ease, regardless of the inane **** who let us all down in the first place. Thanks buddy, and good luck to you for the rest of the season too.

Re: Name and shame

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don’t think your boy was listening Daftas as it was chip van they were singing about.
Also I honestly don’t think McCall would make that up , why would he?
Me not listening m8, my boy did say chip shop, maybe McCall said it to justify his reaction to the idiot, his word is all we have after all
"his word is all we have after all"

Says it all. :roll:
Go and give your head a wobble, check for any brain cells before you slaughter our club over some kids with an innocent chant and a buffoon

daftasfxxx wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don’t think your boy was listening Daftas as it was chip van they were singing about.
Me not listening m8, my boy did say chip shop, maybe McCall said it to justify his reaction to the idiot, his word is all we have after all

Go and give your head a wobble, check for any brain cells before you slaughter our club over some kids with an innocent chant and a buffoon
The complaint is relating to the chanting.
Do everyone a favour and keep your head down.
Innocent chant listen to yourself.
The kids probably were clueless but somebody amongst them started it.
Outsiders read this so cut out the crap protestations.
Read what you said previous, you are doing the damage ffs.
In your words its "bullshite" and we only have Mccalls word.
No need for insults you are doing it to yourself. :roll:

Just to confirm I didn't hear what was said by the nutcase apart from repeatedly shouting "Stu" to get McCall's attention. The steward will definitely be able to confirm what was being said, as he was stood right there (hopefully not turning a deaf ear to go with the blind eye). I can't remember anything offensive being chanted, although I remember the "where's your chip van gone" one, which could cause offense.
Personally I don't think the kids who chanted that are to blame for much, but I repeat the steward wasn't fit for purpose.

papajohn wrote:
bantam in peace wrote:Afternoon chaps,

Well, that is a nice positive entry from a guy who went to the trouble of making all of us feel at ease, regardless of the inane **** who let us all down in the first place. Thanks buddy, and good luck to you for the rest of the season too.
Seconded Papajohn.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:

The complaint is relating to the chanting.
Do everyone a favour and keep your head down.
Innocent chant listen to yourself.
The kids probably were clueless but somebody amongst them started it.
Outsiders read this so cut out the crap protestations.
Read what you said previous, you are doing the damage ffs.
In your words its "bullshite" and we only have Mccalls word.
No need for insults you are doing it to yourself. :roll:
I give up, I can't argue anymore with plankton

For some reason, this story has been given a prominent (half page!) in the Herald, Plymouth local rag. Probably out of spite, but nonetheless a poor advert for our club. It refers to 'vile chanting' but seems to miss the point of the actions of the main culprit. Goes to show that the actions of the 'choir' (how I hate that term) have possibly made the situation worse.