Re: Stewarding

George Street-Bridge wrote:Indeed, it's an elaborate way of having a dig at the club by someone who (for valid reasons he has explained) rarely if ever visits RP.

"If the stewarding is as bad as at [insert name of club here], it's dire." Yes, and if it isn't, it isn't. If it's as brilliant as at the best club in the country, it's outstanding. My experience from quite a bit of interaction on a regular basis is it's excellent.
George,

If this is meant to be a dig at me then you are way off the mark. My point is that Newport County AFC will probably be responsible for the stewarding. It is known as vicarious liability.
It is not a dig at the club. If you read my posts on the Bradford fire incident I make it quite clear that the facts should be established before blame is apportioned. And in any event there is a huge difference between being to blame for an incident and having to take responsibility. Even if it is true that a steward acted very badly and fell below the standards required that is hardly something for which anyone can be blamed other than the individual involved.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Indeed, it's an elaborate way of having a dig at the club by someone who (for valid reasons he has explained) rarely if ever visits RP.

"If the stewarding is as bad as at [insert name of club here], it's dire." Yes, and if it isn't, it isn't. If it's as brilliant as at the best club in the country, it's outstanding. My experience from quite a bit of interaction on a regular basis is it's excellent.
George,

If this is meant to be a dig at me then you are way off the mark. My point is that Newport County AFC will probably be responsible for the stewarding. It is known as vicarious liability.
It is not a dig at the club. If you read my posts on the Bradford fire incident I make it quite clear that the facts should be established before blame is apportioned. And in any event there is a huge difference between being to blame for an incident and having to take responsibility. Even if it is true that a steward acted very badly and fell below the standards required that is hardly something for which anyone can be blamed other than the individual involved.
I read it quite clearly as a response to my post, which was even more clearly a reply to the original post in this thread. Don't think there's an argument to persue here. :wink:

Edit: To clarify, reference to Norm's previously explained reasons for not visiting Rodney Parade rather than your no longer being a UK resident.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Stan - it's exactly as Excessbee suggests. You need to grasp that you don't loom as large in my brain as I do in yours.
It's why I said if George. Tell me who do you think was having a subtle dig at the club? All we know about this person is that they seldom attend matches for a valid reason.

You really are a most unpleasant fellow.

mad norm wrote:If the Stewarding at Rodney is anything like Wokings last time I went it is dire..........
This was the sentence that introduced the thread. It's the most tenuous link to stewarding at our home games that one could possibly come up with. Hatched because of perceived shortcomings of stewards at Woking FC.

excessbee wrote:Reading the original post again, it would appear to be questions asked about the stewarding at Woking, and is not based on experiences, good or bad, at Rodney Parade.
Agreed ..purely a point for discussion as I feel the position of being a steward carries with it far more responsibilities than in the past
Last edited by mad norm on February 28th, 2020, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
mad norm wrote:If the Stewarding at Rodney is anything like Wokings last time I went it is dire..........
This was the sentence that introduced the thread. It's the most tenuous link to stewarding at our home games that one could possibly come up with. Hatched because of perceived shortcomings of stewards at Woking FC.
FFS!!!! The Stewarding at Woking was dire last time I went..NOT Rodney FFS!!
Newport is as dear to me now as my Somerton Park days...
I have many friends in Newport met through County matches..whom I miss catching up with.
Since retirement I have spent considerable dosh visiting and supporting. The funds ain't there any more...But will not stop me supporting the 'PORT or posting on this forum....ps. FFS!

mad norm wrote:
excessbee wrote:
FFS!!!! The Stewarding at Woking was dire last time I went..NOT Rodney FFS!!
Newport is as dear to me now as my Somerton Park days...
I have many friends in Newport met through County matches..whom I miss catching up with.
Since retirement I have spent considerable dosh visiting and supporting. The funds ain't there any more...But will not stop me supporting the 'PORT or posting on this forum....ps. FFS!
With you 100% Norm. Perhaps just to clear up the confusion GSB would name the person who he believes is having a go at the club. Have to disagree with poster above, it's not you who started this nonsense, I blame sixpence.

This is my problem George. You say that this isn't about me. So who is it about?

And if anyone claimed I had misread a post I would automatically believe them. But knowing how tenuous your adherence to honesty is, frankly I don't believe you.

However having read the thread it is clear that I did misread the post, and you didn't say it. My apologies for indicating that you had deleted it.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on March 1st, 2020, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.