Re: Portsmouth

JonD wrote:In fairness to Stan he mentioned something the other day (in so many words) about the bane of a barrister's life being an honest person who is mistaken. I've walked that path enough times, I know.
But made so much more acceptable when an honest mistake is admitted, rather than throwing in an accusation.

JonD wrote:You're both bad men. Be kind! ;-)
My first post in this thread was an open door for Stan to realise and correct his mistake. He didn't take that opportunity. Instead he chose the line of suggesting GSB had deleted (all or part of?) a post, and kept digging. A very unpleasant course of action.

I'm sure we're all briefed to the back teeth about the history between certain posters. On this occasion Stan has gone off half-cocked and he'll be embarrassed about that. It is of course up to each of us how we react to that mistake and personally I don't view it as a "very unpleasant course of action".

JonD wrote:I'm sure we're all briefed to the back teeth about the history between certain posters. On this occasion Stan has gone off half-cocked and he'll be embarrassed about that. It is of course up to each of us how we react to that mistake and personally I don't view it as a "very unpleasant course of action".
What?..... Suggesting another poster has deleted a post, rather than admit, as you put it, that he's 'gone off half cocked'. That's not acceptable in my book.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I reckon it would be a bigger bane of a barrister's life if you get a reputation for failing to read case briefs properly and lacing your own with easily refutable nonsense! 8)
More insults George.

Your obsession with me is touching.

Nonetheless, as you will see on another thread I was wrong and I apologise.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on March 1st, 2020, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reported on Talk sport today....

Portsmouth have sold over 50,000 for the game so far and have requested more......Salford had an allocation of 3,000. Haven't sold them all yet but hope to ask for more.....

Anyone know what price the tickets are being sold at ???????.

If we had made the final wasn't it 45% to each club 10% to the FA ???????

neilcork68 wrote:Reported on Talk sport today....

Portsmouth have sold over 50,000 for the game so far and have requested more......Salford had an allocation of 3,000. Haven't sold them all yet but hope to ask for more.....

Anyone know what price the tickets are being sold at ???????.

If we had made the final wasn't it 45% to each club 10% to the FA ???????

Just found out tickets range from £22.40 for the cheapest ....£62.70 for the most expensive...

Could have made close to £1000000 if we had won the penalty shoot out :shock:

Portsmouth made £500k from their Checkertrade Trophy win last season. £280k of that was made up of prize money, participation and TV money. Clubs get 30% of the gate receipts less costs from the Wembley final, which equated to £220k last season from a 80,000 plus crowd. Seems a low return for a Wembley appearance but I guess costs for playing there must be horrendously high, collaborated by our FA Cup game v Spurs.
So I reckon we lost out on maybe £50k for not beating Salford, £20k for final TV money and then £150k gate receipts. Plus of course the potential £100k to beat Pompey.