Re: Portsmouth

George Street-Bridge wrote:It rings a bell vaguely that a big portion of the gate money from the final goes into the pool for all entrants.
Recall I've heard something along those lines. Whilst obviously we did miss out on some revenue from being at the final, but I don't think we can complain from the millions made from our various cup exploits during the last 3 seasons. Human nature to become greedy/hungry for more I guess.

Portsmouth won't sell all those tickets surely?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:It rings a bell vaguely that a big portion of the gate money from the final goes into the pool for all entrants.
Recall I've heard something along those lines. Whilst obviously we did miss out on some revenue from being at the final, but I don't think we can complain from the millions made from our various cup exploits during the last 3 seasons. Human nature to become greedy/hungry for more I guess.

Portsmouth won't sell all those tickets surely?

I bet they will

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Sold over 30,000 in less than 5 hours
The world is full of people who get off on proving GSB wrong. :grin:
In what way?
Well old Sixpence did say that Portsmouth would never sell their allocation. Although did may be the operative word.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
In what way?
Well old Sixpence did say that Portsmouth would never sell their allocation. Although did may be the operative word.
Did he say that?

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
In what way?
Did he say that?
Your his wingman, you should know. :lol:

Nope, never said any such thing. All I have ever done is talk up Portsmouth supporters' appetite for Wembley tickets, when we were discussing whether U21 teams taking part means supporters would boycott the final. And that was a reference to last year's final, before this year's semis.

Weirder and weirder. Invent something out of thin air, then decide it must have been deleted.