Re: 13 Points

We are safe. We are not going down even if we lose every remaining game. Which we very probably won't.

What I don't understand is why so many on this board seem to be so blasé about next season. With Flynn's tactics and our inability to sign quality players, not to mention lack of funds, I genuinely think next season will see us relegated.

I don't agree it'll be a close run thing for us being relegated come the end of season and I don't buy in to we're lucky to have had a great start to the season because I don't think we did, we were lucky to win most of those games by a goal or two, the problems have been there all season not just of late.

I don't like knocking our own players but 35 minutes into the Oldham game I was watching on ifollow the commentators said that Matt had 6 inches on Gianni (Carl Piergianni) but there was no doubt witch of the two players were going to win the ball and it wasn't Matt and for me it's been the same all season. I find he can flick it on to nobody in front of him but can't win a header even against someone half his height.
All over we were slow little shots and no pressing when Oldham had the ball.

Collins at 76 minutes rather than shoot passed square to a player (can't remember who) who went for goal but would of scored for the dragons had he been at Rodney Parade rather than Boundary park, when it was more likely Collins hitting it first time seemed the better option.

If the players won't shoot they won't score and that's the problem.
The ball is normally crossed into the 6 yard box and the keeper always gets the ball, it needs to be crossed more to penalty spot or 18 yard box and have a player willing to shoot.
Matt flicking it into a space where only defenders are is pointless if no one is running onto the ball and his positioning during the game is very poor this season, if he isn't preforming replace him with one of the kids or call back a player to give him competition for his place.

Get rid of elite recruitment or whatever it's called because their players aren't good enough and it should be down to the manager who he want's if his job is on the line when results aren't going our way, I don't think Flynn is the problem.

One final point to all those quick to say we own the club, tell us whats going on, get your hands in your pockets and give to the club you own it isn't just about buying shares it's about continuing to doing whats best for the club we love.

#UptheCounty, #He'sNewportCounty #WeFightTillTheEnd #Flynn'sBroughtUsSomeOfTheBestTimesWeHaveHad

somertonpark wrote:I don't agree it'll be a close run thing for us being relegated come the end of season and I don't buy in to we're lucky to have had a great start to the season because I don't think we did, we were lucky to win most of those games by a goal or two, the problems have been there all season not just of late.

I don't like knocking our own players but 35 minutes into the Oldham game I was watching on ifollow the commentators said that Matt had 6 inches on Gianni (Carl Piergianni) but there was no doubt witch of the two players were going to win the ball and it wasn't Matt and for me it's been the same all season. I find he can flick it on to nobody in front of him but can't win a header even against someone half his height.
All over we were slow little shots and no pressing when Oldham had the ball.

Collins at 76 minutes rather than shoot passed square to a player (can't remember who) who went for goal but would of scored for the dragons had he been at Rodney Parade rather than Boundary park, when it was more likely Collins hitting it first time seemed the better option.

If the players won't shoot they won't score and that's the problem.
The ball is normally crossed into the 6 yard box and the keeper always gets the ball, it needs to be crossed more to penalty spot or 18 yard box and have a player willing to shoot.
Matt flicking it into a space where only defenders are is pointless if no one is running onto the ball and his positioning during the game is very poor this season, if he isn't preforming replace him with one of the kids or call back a player to give him competition for his place.

Get rid of elite recruitment or whatever it's called because their players aren't good enough and it should be down to the manager who he want's if his job is on the line when results aren't going our way, I don't think Flynn is the problem.

One final point to all those quick to say we own the club, tell us whats going on, get your hands in your pockets and give to the club you own it isn't just about buying shares it's about continuing to doing whats best for the club we love.

#UptheCounty, #He'sNewportCounty #WeFightTillTheEnd #Flynn'sBroughtUsSomeOfTheBestTimesWeHaveHad
I agree with all you say, save your final point. Unless or until the incumbent board at Newport County engage properly with supporters, giving them money is just chucking good money after bad.

I honestly believe we wont be relegated but even with 'no pressure' the team cant put in a performance.

The last two performances over the last week have been abysmal and that's complimenting them. Yesterday we got away with only conceding 5... It could have been double figures...We were that bad

Willthiswork wrote:To put it into context we are only 13 points from a playoff place too.
Actually its 14 due to our woeful goal difference.
Cannot believe anybody out there thinks its still a possibility.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:To put it into context we are only 13 points from a playoff place too.
No, it's 13. Goal difference doesn't equal points. There are plenty of points up for grabs till the end of the season.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
No, it's 13. Goal difference doesn't equal points. There are plenty of points up for grabs till the end of the season.
Perhaps I am cracking up but don't think so.
If we caught up the 13 points on the current 7th place we would not get into the play offs as they have a 12 goal difference on us.
So we need to catch up 14 which is not going to happen.
Interested do you seriously think that will happen.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
If we caught up the 13 points on the current 7th place we would not get into the play offs as they have a 12 goal difference on us.
If we caught up 13 points on the team in 7th, chances are the gap in goal difference wouldn't be as much of a gap as it is at the moment.

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
If we caught up 13 points on the team in 7th, chances are the gap in goal difference wouldn't be as much of a gap as it is at the moment.
Seriously.
Catch up 12 goals in 12 games.
Remind us how many we have scored so far this season.
To catch 8th placed Colchester is 13 points and 18 goal difference.
Bradford in 9th 13 points and 12 goal difference.
Just not going to happen that all these clubs way above us are all going into a slump.
They are all there because they are good enough.
We are where we are because we are not.
Just rational thinking.