Re: 13 Points

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
sblair1979 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I believe that 2 from MF, WH and LL need to move on.

Based on current performances, potential and 'value to our club', the only players I'd want to see playing here next season are -

King and Townsend (assuming both are fit)
Bennett, Micky
Sheehan, Gorman, Woodiwiss
Collins, Podge, Matt (only if tactics and coaching changes), Collins

I'd think about enquiring as to whether Greene and Khan were available.

The rest, incl Robbie, OB etc would be given my thanks and goodbyes
OB has been our best defender this season so I'm a little surprised you would let him go.
If contributors are stating Flynny must stay because of the past so must OB.
OB has done nothing wrong this season unlike Flynn.

OB has been a shadow of his former self this season in my view. Commitment and effort never in question but his distribution has been woeful. No room in the defence for him while Benno, Micky and Innis are there, admittedly the latter will be gone in May, but I feel we need an upgrade.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:OB has been a shadow of his former self this season in my view. Commitment and effort never in question but his distribution has been woeful. No room in the defence for him while Benno, Micky and Innis are there, admittedly the latter will be gone in May, but I feel we need an upgrade.

Whilst agreeing with your post has OB ever been good with his distribution ?
What you see with him is what you get . A good old fashioned stopper who gives 100% every game , gets in where it hurts and IMO can still hold his own in a three man defence..If he had played last week with MD , Innis's/Bennett I don't think we would have conceded 10 goals.
Can you see Crystal Palace offering Inniss another contract ? I think we may see him wearing Amber next season if MF stays.
MF also sees Bennett more of a midfielder than a central defender

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:OB has been a shadow of his former self this season in my view. Commitment and effort never in question but his distribution has been woeful. No room in the defence for him while Benno, Micky and Innis are there, admittedly the latter will be gone in May, but I feel we need an upgrade.
IMO again you are talking rubbish.
His distribution from day 1 has not changed its always been woeful.
A bit harsh maybe but clear the ball into the stand is sometimes better than a clever jink and whoops its 1-0.
You state that Ryan Inniss is a better distributor than OB, blimey he has some very good aspects but gee wiz distribution.
Its scary every time.

Didn't say Innis' distribution was good or better, only commented on OB's. Him and Innis in defence together would see the ball in the stands too often. But Ryan did improve recently, albeit the one area of our team which had been solid - the back 4/5 plus GK, have been poor in the last 2 games.

I've reviewed my suggested 'retained list' above and realise that I'd be keeping the services of 11-12 of the current squad, too many there based on the overall poor form this season.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Didn't say Innis' distribution was good or better, only commented on OB's. Him and Innis in defence together would see the ball in the stands too often. But Ryan did improve recently, albeit the one area if our team - the back 4/5 plus GK have been poor in the last 2 games.

I've reviewed my suggested 'retained list' above and realise that I'd be keeping the services of 11-12 of the current squad, too many there based on the overall poor form this season

Rather the ball be in the stands than the 9 times its been in the back of our net over the last two games :wink:

Ah, that's the sound of desperation I hear, from someone who seemed opposed to 'hoofball' a few weeks ago. Not me, I'm an advocate of the beautiful game. I expect to be entertained by a squad if professionals who train 5 times a week to prepare for matchdays, with a small army if coaching, analysis and physio staff there to help them prepare.

I can forgive the occasional misplaced pass given the state of our pitch.

Well of course we won't need 13 points. Here's a possible outcome.

Step 1. On Saturday, we beat Morecambe, Crewe beat Stevenage.
Step 2. On Tuesday we win at Carlisle (that's the iffy bit)
Step 3. We are then in the position whereby winning at Stevenage would guarantee our place in League Two, which is going to happen at sometime anyway.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Ah, that's the sound of desperation I hear, from someone who seemed opposed to 'hoofball' a few weeks ago. Not me, I'm an advocate of the beautiful game. I expect to be entertained by a squad if professionals who train 5 times a week to prepare for matchdays, with a small army if coaching, analysis and physio staff there to help them prepare.

I can forgive the occasional misplaced pass given the state of our pitch.
What club do you support then. :lol:

excessbee wrote:Well of course we won't need 13 points. Here's a possible outcome.

Step 3. We are then in the position whereby winning at Stevenage would guarantee our place in League Two, which is going to happen at sometime anyway.
No idea how we do it Mystic Meg 9 (Just a laugh) but we have no worries regarding Relegation.
Stevenage will be looking at Macclesfield hoping they go belly up.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Well of course we won't need 13 points. Here's a possible outcome.

No idea how we do it Mystic Meg 9 (Just a laugh) but we have no worries regarding Relegation.
Don't think the EFL will do Macclesfield any favours - and rightly so. They took a lot of flak for their dealings with Bury. I was in the camp with those saying Bury should have been expelled in August, but the constitution prevented that. Those who sympathised with Bury now look a bit silly as funds to pay off the CVA, which was their final throw of the dice, don't exist. I suspect they may impose the suspended sanctions as soon as they can, possibly another deduction if they don't pay their players pdq. Imagine they confirm Stevenage's relegation and then Macclesfield fail in August.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Don't think the EFL will do Macclesfield any favours - and rightly so. They took a lot of flak for their dealings with Bury. I was in the camp with those saying Bury should have been expelled in August, but the constitution prevented that. Those who sympathised with Bury now look a bit silly as funds to pay off the CVA, which was their final throw of the dice, don't exist. I suspect they may impose the suspended sanctions as soon as they can, possibly another deduction if they don't pay their players pdq. Imagine they confirm Stevenage's relegation and then Macclesfield fail in August.

I never said WE need 13 points to be safe in the original post...
The point I made was only 13 points more would make us MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.
We probably only need 6 more to be certain of not finishing in the bottom two places in the league

if as you say Stevenage are relegated and then Macclesfield go by the way side like Bury did this year then the Football League will probably go forward with 71 clubs as it did this season / then only having 1 relegation place again with two coming up to make the numbers.
they do however IMO need to tighten up on these sides who look as though they could go to the wall. Work out what their wages are per season, what they will get from tv monies and average gate receipts as per their last few seasons and make them put ( hold back the tv money) enough into trust so they have enough money in the bank so that they can pay their players all other expenses etc and see out the season as this is getting silly by clubs not paying their players wages.
Giving these clubs the money up front from the tv deals aint working where unscrupulous owners trouser the money , dont pay taxes then say they cant pay wages. They are supposed to be Professional organisations.
Take man Utd as an example...The Glaziers own the club but to the best of my knowledge have never put 1p of their money into it. They take money out yearly and are over a billion in debt...They bought the club with loans against the club .All of this and its legal and the FA let them do it...Madness

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:To put it into context we are only 13 points from a playoff place too.
Actually its 14 due to our woeful goal difference.
Cannot believe anybody out there thinks its still a possibility.
No, it's 13. Goal difference doesn't equal points. There are plenty of points up for grabs till the end of the season.
Perhaps I am cracking up but don't think so.
If we caught up the 13 points on the current 7th place we would not get into the play offs as they have a 12 goal difference on us.
So we need to catch up 14 which is not going to happen.
Interested do you seriously think that will happen.
If we caught up 13 points on the team in 7th, chances are the gap in goal difference wouldn't be as much of a gap as it is at the moment.
Don't confuse Frank with simple mathematics. He can't work out that five 1-0 wins for County increases their goal difference by 5 points and five 1-0 losses for the team in seventh reduces their goal difference by 5, making the total difference 10.

It goes totally over his head. :grin:

wattsville_boy wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:To put it into context we are only 13 points from a playoff place too.
Actually its 14 due to our woeful goal difference.
Cannot believe anybody out there thinks its still a possibility.
No, it's 13. Goal difference doesn't equal points. There are plenty of points up for grabs till the end of the season.
Perhaps I am cracking up but don't think so.
If we caught up the 13 points on the current 7th place we would not get into the play offs as they have a 12 goal difference on us.
So we need to catch up 14 which is not going to happen.
Interested do you seriously think that will happen.
If we caught up 13 points on the team in 7th, chances are the gap in goal difference wouldn't be as much of a gap as it is at the moment.
Don't confuse Frank with simple mathematics. He can't work out that five 1-0 wins for County increases their goal difference by 5 points and five 1-0 losses for the team in seventh reduces their goal difference by 5, making the total difference 10.

It goes totally over his head. :grin:
Not laughing.

Why the cheap snipe.

That's still 3 short.

Tell you what smart arse.

£50 that scenario never happens for charity of mine or your choice.

By the way you have got no chance as its not just 7th but 8th and 9th in similar goal differences.

Mines JDRF what's yours?