Trust run club?

I am a believer in our club being owned by fans. As a Trust. I have been convinced of this for many years and I still am.

Unfortunately our Trust has been run by a group who seem far more interested in their own positions than actually creating an environment where supporters feel involved. All too cosy at the top. I read in the week that Michael Flynn was speaking at a jolly at the Celtic Manor. Interviewed by Kevin Ward. For F@cks sake Mr Ward you might have to sack Mr Flynn on Monday, all far too cosy.

It is our club. I know people like myself and a few others have been vilified for years for pointing out that it's not all rosy in the garden. The stadium, of lack of, situation, the total non communication by the directors, the sycophantic placemen who shoot down any attempt at criticism, well it seems now that the chickens have finally come home to roost.

Our problem is really quite simple. We have failed to build our club on solid foundations. And that failure is ours, we let it happen.

Re: Trust run club?

Was it not broached earlier that a hybrid ownership might be an option? I may have missed something and perhaps a lack of business interest is the reason, but whilst I have no personal criticism of individuals willing to stick their heads above the parapets, as far as running the club is concerned, we have hit the buffers this season, and my concern is for the clubs longevity?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am a believer in our club being owned by fans. As a Trust. I have been convinced of this for many years and I still am.

Unfortunately our Trust has been run by a group who seem far more interested in their own positions than actually creating an environment where supporters feel involved. All too cosy at the top. I read in the week that Michael Flynn was speaking at a jolly at the Celtic Manor. Interviewed by Kevin Ward. For F@cks sake Mr Ward you might have to sack Mr Flynn on Monday, all far too cosy.

It is our club. I know people like myself and a few others have been vilified for years for pointing out that it's not all rosy in the garden. The stadium, of lack of, situation, the total non communication by the directors, the sycophantic placemen who shoot down any attempt at criticism, well it seems now that the chickens have finally come home to roost.

Our problem is really quite simple. We have failed to build our club on solid foundations. And that failure is ours, we let it happen.
Speaking at a Jolly why do you always have to be so emotive - it was a business event and for me sensible to try and engage with the business community and getting potential supporters involved.
You will be very upset to learn that Mike Flynn’s talk went down very well and I know of of least two businessmen who will be attending their first home game next week as a result.
The Trust are doing all they can to try and get supporters involved from experience and no connection with any of them other than been a fan I am firmly of the opinion that they are not in it for themselves and do an incredible amount for the club - far more than the likes of happy to criticise but never to stand up and take responsibility and have a go at something to benefit the club.
Sponsor a match ball or something Stan!

mike wilks wrote:Was it not broached earlier that a hybrid ownership might be an option? I may have missed something and perhaps a lack of business interest is the reason, but whilst I have no personal criticism of individuals willing to stick their heads above the parapets, as far as running the club is concerned, we have hit the buffers this season, and my concern is for the clubs longevity?
I'm in agreement with this. We've been fortunate/ good enough on the pitch to the best of my knowledge to at least have financially broke even or made a profit for the last 3 season, but how long can that last?
I also believe the hybrid model is a non-starter due to lack of business interest. Whilst accepting it was the choice of the majority of supporters, merely wishing it does not make it happen

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am a believer in our club being owned by fans. As a Trust. I have been convinced of this for many years and I still am.

No, we all know it’s not rosey BUT, only you have publicly, and happily, said you won’t put money into the club as long as Flynny, Foxhall & Kevin involved so a lot of as us don’t care what you say

The trust are the majority shareholder but as community shareholders and members of the trust you can only vote people onto the trust board you cannot vote them onto the board running the club. So how is it fan owned? We will be fan owned next season though when the lack of money from a successful FA cup comes to pass and the begging buckets are back out!

Exile 1976 wrote:

No, we all know it’s not rosey BUT, only you have publicly, and happily, said you won’t put money into the club as long as Flynny, Foxhall & Kevin involved so a lot of as us don’t care what you say[/quwhetd

I don't give a toss whether you or anyone else cares what I say or not. I will say what I think, you and everyone else is free to agree, disagree or ignore.

Bush wrote:The trust are the majority shareholder but as community shareholders and members of the trust you can only vote people onto the trust board you cannot vote them onto the board running the club. So how is it fan owned? We will be fan owned next season though when the lack of money from a successful FA cup comes to pass and the begging buckets are back out!
Not convinced that your predication will come to pass. Time will tell

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Bush wrote:The trust are the majority shareholder but as community shareholders and members of the trust you can only vote people onto the trust board you cannot vote them onto the board running the club. So how is it fan owned? We will be fan owned next season though when the lack of money from a successful FA cup comes to pass and the begging buckets are back out!
Not convinced that your predication will come to pass. Time will tell
Bush is, in my view both right and wrong. Newport County is a supporters owned club. The Trust are made up of the members. However a small group of people have taken absolute control. And the members of the trust let them.

Try pointing out that this cabal acts in secret, hands out contracts for all manner of jobs, and does so with a secrecy that the New York Cosa Nostra can only dream of and you can bet your sweet Welsh backsides that the usual crowd will come on this board to say that they are not worried.

Well they f@cking well should be worried. In 32 years County have failed utterly to build solid foundations. No stadium and no engagement with fans. Time to be honest with yourselves. We are only a League club because we got lucky with a lottery millionaire with more money than sense. And rather than use that good fortune to build something solid which might last we instead concentrated on the short term.

With the Cup runs, Lotto Les's money and transfer fees we could have started to develop a fit for purpose stadium. I was one of hundreds who turned up to the Riverside. Had the club reached out to those supporters instead of just taking the money and then going back to omerta we might have had a future.

That is not to say that we shouldn't look to build a team on the pitch but that there has to be a balance. My view is that you can't blame Foxhall, Johnson and Ward alone. They are blindingly incompetent as the Lincoln debacle proved. But they are but the latest in a long line on incompetents.

My view and I hope I'm wrong. We are totally f@cked. Two swift relegations see us back to 1995. And in my view that is what we are likely to see in the next two to four seasons.