Re: Trust run club?

We should move to Presidential style elections, ala Barcelona, where candidates can lay out their vision for the club and thus be held accountable for hitting those targets at the next round of elections.

Would non trust members be persuaded to part with their cash and join for a genuine say in the direction of the club?

Candidate A says: 50% turnover goes to playing budget, 30% infrastructure, 20% savings. 2 youth players in every match day squad. Cup run money 33/33/33 player bonus/infrastructure/savings... and so on

Candidate B: 70% budget, 15% infrastructure, 15% bonuses. No investment in youth.. so on

Candidate C: ..... as is.

To me, seems better than voting for 'Hi I'm Bill, been a county fan for 20 years now bla bla bla'

My view and I hope I'm wrong. We are totally f@cked. Two swift relegations see us back to 1995. And in my view that is what we are likely to see in the next two to four seasons.
I’m usually not this pessimistic but I’m finding it hard to disagree with this. I would not be surprised at all if in five years time we’re bouncing around the conference and playing over Spytty

What worries me is the influence of Elite management they represent Flynny, so I take it they were instrumental in steering him towards the Lincoln and Shrewsbury jobs. After both of those negotiations he got a pay rise for staying so were they trying to find him another club the same time as negotiating a pay rise here. Win win for them because we probably paid them commission for him signing an extension while they were trying to find him another club. We've been hustled in my opinion. If you have a look at their players list you can forecast our summer signings no need to wait for transfer news go look at who we are signing now.

amberbhoy wrote:What worries me is the influence of Elite management they represent Flynny, so I take it they were instrumental in steering him towards the Lincoln and Shrewsbury jobs. After both of those negotiations he got a pay rise for staying so were they trying to find him another club the same time as negotiating a pay rise here. Win win for them because we probably paid them commission for him signing an extension while they were trying to find him another club. We've been hustled in my opinion. If you have a look at their players list you can forecast our summer signings no need to wait for transfer news go look at who we are signing now.
We are told that the contract with Elite is ending in the summer. What concerns me is that we had a contract with Elite in the first place.
I get criticism for not being prepared to put money, by way of trust contributions, into Newport County. As my dear old Mam used to say. "Do you think I came up the river on a bike?'

Stan what you do with your money should not worry other people, for the record I know several people who feel the same me included. I buy my season ticket and buy merchandise half time draw tkts etc but for me the board is a closed shop full of egos, if I am going to put my hard earned in to something like that where I'm told I'm a part owner I would like some transparency into what happening to it

amberbhoy wrote:Stan what you do with your money should not worry other people, for the record I know several people who feel the same me included. I buy my season ticket and buy merchandise half time draw tkts etc but for me the board is a closed shop full of egos, if I am going to put my hard earned in to something like that where I'm told I'm a part owner I would like some transparency into what happening to it
Absolutely.

And I would never be critical of people who do pay money into the trust and/or have complete confidence in the board of directors. These choices are always for the individual.

That said in the past I have put money into Newport County and would like to again. If I were alone with my reservations I doubt it would make too much difference. It does though appear to me that I am far from alone.