On the Beach next Saturday ?

Whilst it's a phrase I often hear in relation to football teams/players with little or nothing to play for in the remainder of the season, is this a factor in current performances? and indeed will this analogy resemble a reality next Saturday?

Having watched a poor quality performance from the Dragons this evening on a very poor quality pitch (at least they never gave up and 'scrapped' a win) I cannot but help fear for what state the pitch will be in come Sat p.m. The Dragons play at home again the Friday evening prior. Whilst noting that there is a drier week forecast, suspect there will be even less grass visible that there is presently. Will we be looking to the return of the beach scenes we had a few seasons back?

Re: On the Beach next Saturday ?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:Must be a question mark over Dragons match against Italians because of virus implications.
I thought that also. But statement today from pro 14 says there are no plans to postpone and procedures are in place. Whatever that means?
This is money taking precedence over common sense and people’s safety.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
frostyjohn wrote:Must be a question mark over Dragons match against Italians because of virus implications.
I thought that also. But statement today from pro 14 says there are no plans to postpone and procedures are in place. Whatever that means?
I think the virus is out. I doubt too many supporters will be travelling from Italy in any event.

Our players are playing as though they are on the beach already

Michael Flynn has to take the blame for the shambles on the field as he is the man in charge and the one who signed the players, plays them , sorts the tactics out etc etc but the players too should 'hang their heads in shame' after some of their recent performances too. They have let us , him and ultimately themselves down.
Stay out of the press with all this ''we can still do it'' , or ''we can still make the play offs'' etc.....The way they are playing they would struggle for a starting place in a Sunday league local side....
Paid Professionals ??? Bloody well play like one then !!!!!!!! The effort and commitment may be there but the heart , thought and professionalism certainly isnt.........
Unfortunately most are signed up for next season too...If we are 'still as we are' with him (MF) in charge and them playing for us something needs to change or we are looking at a troubled season next year.

It's not just pubs, though. It would be just as valid to say "stick with this as the access via public transport must be as good as at any club in the league".

I wonder if wetter and wetter winters, continually improving pitch technology and Brexit-driven poverty in struggling areas will see the EFL have to allow artificial pitches. If they do, I think we might as well back the idea.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

When you take things in context millions of people each year die from the flu yet you never hear of sporting fixtures being cancelled for that do you