NCFC Crystal Ball

...for the next TEN years, we will finish each season somewhere between 12th and 20th.
There's be no commercial growth, and therefore no great investment.
We'll have managers who can dog out a season for safety, but we won't get that one in ten who can bring creativity and imagination.
We'll have one or two cup runs and we may even get on telly, but the pitch will remain terrible, and there will be continuous arguments about ownership, the WRU and the value or otherwise of the trust.
That's who we are, ring the changes, but the bigger image stays the same. We're L3. We're cold away nights at Macclesfield, and wet days at Oldham.
and it will take a damn sight better leadership if we're ever really going to alter the picture.

The club that treads water.

And if you don't like it there's City up the road, and a premier league club or two 90 minutes away.

But it IS who we are...get used to it, it's not going to change for years.

Re: NCFC Crystal Ball

AmberRundgren. wrote:...for the next TEN years, we will finish each season somewhere between 12th and 20th.
There's be no commercial growth, and therefore no great investment.
We'll have managers who can dog out a season for safety, but we won't get that one in ten who can bring creativity and imagination.
We'll have one or two cup runs and we may even get on telly, but the pitch will remain terrible, and there will be continuous arguments about ownership, the WRU and the value or otherwise of the trust.
That's who we are, ring the changes, but the bigger image stays the same. We're L3. We're cold away nights at Macclesfield, and wet days at Oldham.
and it will take a damn sight better leadership if we're ever really going to alter the picture.

The club that treads water.

And if you don't like it there's City up the road, and a premier league club or two 90 minutes away.

But it IS who we are...get used to it, it's not going to change for years.

My analysis.

Do the WRU own Dragons and Rodney Parade?

Yes.

Is the drainage at Rodney Parade a serious and ongoing problem?

Yes.

Would the laying of a 4G or 5G pitch solve that problem for the WRU/Dragons?

Yes.

Does having Newport County playing at Rodney Parade hinder, indeed stop, that being done?

Yes.

With a turnover of many millions of pounds sterling, is the rent paid by Newport County chickenfeed to the WRU?

Yes.

Is Newport County's license to play at Rodney Parade up in three years time?

Yes.

Seeing how the WRU are prepared to treat a club like Newport RFC, do I believe that the WRU are ruthless?

Yes.

Do I believe that we are f@cked?

Yes.

Could I be wrong?

I hope so but I doubt it.

Only one comment on that Stan.
The drainage is superb after all the work done a few years back.
Yesterday despite all the gales and continual heavy rain their was virtually no surface water.
The pitch is knackered from 3 sides continually playing on it, resulting in no grass.
That will never change

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Only one comment on that Stan.
The drainage is superb after all the work done a few years back.
Yesterday despite all the gales and continual heavy rain their was virtually no surface water.
The pitch is knackered from 3 sides continually playing on it, resulting in no grass.
That will never change
In any event a 4G pitch would end the problem for the Dragons and WRU.

IMO at least three years too late..

When we started getting money from the cup runs , which the BOD stated they didnt budget for, was the time when the planning should have started. Every year since and ALL the money earned since should have been set aside .
i keep hearing the gates are above budget this season??????
is the money earned from the cup runs/ tv money being set aside in case the WRU kick us out or is MF getting another contract ????