Re: Can I ask?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Stan in my opinion we have to give him time he's still learning his trade and he is a Newport legend I truly believe if he hadn't taken over when he did we would be in non league

Who was the guy at Crewe he was there donkeys years he had poor seasons but they kept faith in him
Dear me

Dario Gradi.

Suspended from all footballing activities.

UTP (sheltered life).
He's retired

Nothing has ever been proven in his case innocent until proven other wise
Seriously have a good read up not just Crewe but when a lot younger Chelsea.
Maybe his only crime was turning a blind eye but you do not get suspended for life by the FA for f/all
Investigation still continuing
Read what he told the parents of a young Chelsea kid.

Seriously what an example to bring up.

MF knows he is in a results based business - he knew that as a player and he knows that as a manager. He also knows that if the right job offer comes along that benefits both him and his family he is likely to leave. Outside of results, once things like attendances and matchday revenue start to become affected then this is then factored into whether he stays as manager or not. If it comes to it I think it will be a difficult decision for the BoD as we are not currently in a relegation battle, which can make the decision easier if we were. I am sure the BoD of directors will be considering a multitude of factors other than just results if a decision has to be made.

Butcher against Crawley had to go.
Feeney likewise against Orient.
Sure it wont happen but Morecambe beat us 0-4 Saturday and we are safe from relegation which we are, what do the BOD do?
Against Yeovil it was a totally freak incident and it didn't matter.
Worrying though that they are basically a crap side who always do well against us.
As it seems do all crap sides in our league this season.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Butcher against Crawley had to go.
Sure it wont happen but Morecambe beat us 0-4 Saturday and we are safe from relegation which we are, what do the BOD do?
Worrying though that they are basically a crap side who always do well against us.
Just a hasty slip, but it was Westley given the chop after the Orient defeat.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Butcher against Crawley had to go.
Just a hasty slip, but it was Westley given the chop after the Orient defeat.
Apologies, spot on.
A little senior moment.

Cheers

excessbee wrote:Well, as a response to your question I would say somewhere about November 30th. Not being flippant about the date, second round of the FA Cup. That may be crucial to how next season pans out.
If next season kicks off and the ball spends 75% of the time in the air (per game) until that date and we are struggling in the league.. you've potentially hit the nail on the head there.

excessbee wrote:Well, as a response to your question I would say somewhere about November 30th. Not being flippant about the date, second round of the FA Cup. That may be crucial to how next season pans out.
Scenario.
Virtually every player at the club has a minimum of another year on contract including all the loanees already out.
Maybe 3/4 out of the 20 plus are worth keeping.
Quite a few do a KMB which they are entitled to do.
Flynny gets another 6 journey men in from our league or below.
We continue with crap hoof ball unless we go 1 up then its back to the wall.
Regardless of a superb relayed pitch.
Its November 30th we are in bottom 4.
Time to say Adios.
What chance has replacement got with a crap squad all under contract and a maximum of so many loanees.
Another season passes us by.

Its only a scenario.

One thing not mentioned by anybody but I would get rid of both keepers.
Neither have any confidence in passing the ball out.
Hoof ball starts with them unless it goes straight into the stand
King has been seriously been found out in last few games.
Due to our superb defence until very recently he has had nothing to do.
No need for Day like world class saves until crunch time and the fella is not up to it.
Possibly keep Townsend as the back up keeper at a push.