Re: Should Flynn go ?

Spiderman wrote:
exile1960 wrote:Think he s lost it
It’s actually quite funny

Perhaps I should have put the next verse up.....kind of sums up the message board.....

It is

Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
Its like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show

:lol:

Anyway I am off to the lunatics place I call work

Hope I'm not sectioned today :wink:

I have lost something............where are my bloody keys

II think that Mike Flynn should definitely STAY, I think that he needs someone to work with, By that , I mean that it seems to me that over the time that he has been manager of this club I believe he HAD one or two more experienced people with whome he could confide in. I cant remember their names but I get the impression that they are not still with him.
I think that Mikes done a good job but maybe the players who according to the Argus feature with players all sounding confident that "we will crack this and go on a successful run of results to climb the table again" should maybe concentrate on doing the job they are paid for...……...…….PLAYING FOOTBALL-- and then perhaps telling how they did it
Come on the Port!!……...…….Bob Bassett

Can't see any point in Flynn being pushed now. We are not going down or going up.
For me the biggest question is do we trust Flynn and his colleagues to spend our meagre resources in the next close season given his diabolically poor signings on long contracts when we had significant more money available over the last couple of years.
In my opinion the answer is no.

So because I see things different from a few who IMO are totally delusional in their backing of a failing manager I have a problem ???

I very rarely have a go at the BOD by the way

Oh yeah Michael Flynn gets well paid for all the hard work he does for the club unlike the volunteers over many years who do it for the love of their club

The Wolf wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
exile1960 wrote:Think he s lost it
It’s actually quite funny

Perhaps I should have put the next verse up.....kind of sums up the message board.....

It is

Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
Its like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show

:lol:

Anyway I am off to the lunatics place I call work

Hope I'm not sectioned today :wink:

I have lost something............where are my bloody keys

You my friend have got a major problem. I think you should go away and have a good think about what you have been saying on this message board/thread. People have been saying for a long time you only come on this message board when you have something negative to say never and I repeat you have never got anything positive to say about the management/team or any of the board directors, the way the club is being run is far better than it was 10 years ago or more. And you of all people must agree and appreciate all the hard work that Michael Flynn has put into our club [Newport County].
So Come on Neil get behind Michael Flynn and the team, and let's not forget everyone else at the club.
This use of the word 'people' worries me. Firstly we can all only speak for ourselves. Secondly and perhaps more importantly. If you are right you remain right even if everyone says you are wrong. And it follows that it doesn't matter if everyone agrees with you if you are wrong you remain wrong.

Up until I read Flynn's ridiculous rant in the Argus I thought Flynn should remain. I have now changed my mind. But it is only my opinion. Agree or disagree but please don't tell me or anyone else to change their views just because you don't like them.

Flynn if he gets through this will learn that management has more downs than ups and it will make him a better manager if he learns by his mistakes.
The main problem he has to overcome is his tactics and lack of them so many times this season there has not been a plan A let alone a Plan B homework on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses is key and I feel there is not enough done to exploit their weaknesses. Our style of play is not getting enough out of our players skills and abilities.
Watching matches and analysing players like I do I think they are playing like total strangers with no team ethic whether on the training ground or the team talk before the game They are not sure of the roles they are playing they look unsure and not tuned in with each others playing style not as a team but as individuals without that game plan that will hurt the opposition.
What the players lack in skill it can be made up by effort, grit and determination this has not been the case when they have nothing to play for personal pride and supporters loyalty surely is enough to show they care.
Last edited by somerton moss on March 2nd, 2020, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loyalfoot wrote:It's a time for unity not negativity all this crap going on behind the scenes won't help the team or the club.
Serious question regardless of your loyalty to the current regime.
At what point would you say enough is enough or would that never happen in your eyes.
Really interested to see how your mind is ticking.
Genuine answer not an insult please.

The Wolf wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:So because I see things different from a few who IMO are totally delusional in their backing of a failing manager I have a problem ???

Oh yeah Michael Flynn gets well paid for all the hard work he does for the club unlike the volunteers over many years who do it for the love of their club
But didn't the board employ Michael Flynn? And why can't Michael Flynn blame his players for not doing as he asked them to do/play?
Yes you did.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:So because I see things different from a few who IMO are totally delusional in their backing of a failing manager I have a problem ???

But didn't the board employ Michael Flynn? And why can't Michael Flynn blame his players for not doing as he asked them to do/play?
Yes you did.

??? Who is that aimed at ????

neilcork68 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Wolf wrote:

Yes you did.

??? Who is that aimed at ????
None of your business. :wink:

Nathanncfc wrote:Nope. Be careful what you wish for! We Hardly want another Feeney or westley in charge.
You cannot compare Feeney to Westley.
Feeney was learning the game but not GF's mate.
Westley conned GF and the rest.
Pick of Feeney or Sheridan it would be Feeney every time.
The fella was 1 goal away from safety.
We played well at Grimsby but his fate was done and dusted.

Funny thing Feeney had a maybe half a season learning but got the heave ho.
Still here Flynny is on a learning curve 3 seasons in.
Fact.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:Nope. Be careful what you wish for! We Hardly want another Feeney or westley in charge.
You cannot compare Feeney to Westley.
Feeney was learning the game but not GF's mate.
Westley conned GF and the rest.
Pick of Feeney or Sheridan it would be Feeney every time.
The fella was 1 goal away from safety.
We played well at Grimsby but his fate was done and dusted.

Funny thing Feeney had a maybe half a season learning but got the heave ho.
Still here Flynny is on a learning curve 3 seasons in.
Fact.

I don't like this......I agree with you Frank.....
How long does he get before he is not classed as a 'rookie' learning his trade ??
A good manager spends their entire career learning , are they still 'rookies' ?
Bloodily hell Alex Ferguson , Bobby Robson , Roy Hodgson ,Harry Rednapp etc , are they still rookies because they would have / will tell you they were always learning on the job..

I see Loyalfoot hasn't answered your genuine question yet

If it were Feeney that had done what Flynn has done then had a season like this one with results and performances we have had to witness all season long would the fans who back MF be so supportive of him because he isn't a Newport lad.
4 wins in 24 wasn't it the Argus quoted today ??
Last edited by neilcork68 on March 2nd, 2020, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.