Re: Should Flynn go ?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:Nope. Be careful what you wish for! We Hardly want another Feeney or westley in charge.
You cannot compare Feeney to Westley.
Feeney was learning the game but not GF's mate.
Westley conned GF and the rest.
Pick of Feeney or Sheridan it would be Feeney every time.
The fella was 1 goal away from safety.
We played well at Grimsby but his fate was done and dusted.

Funny thing Feeney had a maybe half a season learning but got the heave ho.
Still here Flynny is on a learning curve 3 seasons in.
Fact.
Hilarious , can’t you recall the crescendo of abuse calling for Feeney to be sacked?
Hindsight shows that he actually signed some decent players. Unfortunately he made the mistake of telling the players they could go not long after beating Portsmouth 3-0 the previous season

somerton moss wrote:Flynn if he gets through this will learn that management has more downs than ups and it will make him a better manager if he learns by his mistakes.
The main problem he has to overcome is his tactics and lack of them so many times this season there has not been a plan A let alone a Plan B homework on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses is key and I feel there is not enough done to exploit their weaknesses. Our style of play is not getting enough out of our players skills and abilities.
Watching matches and analysing players like I do I think they are playing like total strangers with no team ethic whether on the training ground or the team talk before the game They are not sure of the roles they are playing they look unsure and not tuned in with each others playing style not as a team but as individuals without that game plan that will hurt the opposition.
What the players lack in skill it can be made up by effort, grit and determination this has not been the case when they have nothing to play for personal pride and supporters loyalty surely is enough to show they care.
I have thought for some time the MF was possibly a lazy manager, or too focused on other non County issues, and much of your valid observations would support my view. You could also add the crazy situation of Elite Management dealing with player recruitment, an activity that should definitely be the role and responsibility of the Manager and not outsourced.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:Nope. Be careful what you wish for! We Hardly want another Feeney or westley in charge.
You cannot compare Feeney to Westley.
Feeney was learning the game but not GF's mate.
Westley conned GF and the rest.
Pick of Feeney or Sheridan it would be Feeney every time.
The fella was 1 goal away from safety.
We played well at Grimsby but his fate was done and dusted.

Funny thing Feeney had a maybe half a season learning but got the heave ho.
Still here Flynny is on a learning curve 3 seasons in.
Fact.
Hilarious , can’t you recall the crescendo of abuse calling for Feeney to be sacked?
Hindsight shows that he actually signed some decent players. Unfortunately he made the mistake of telling the players they could go not long after beating Portsmouth 3-0 the previous season
Of course I can.
Nothing hilarious about it though.
Fact the complete board were told to travel to Grimsby for one purpose.
Last man walking scenario.
Clearly he knew what was coming they played well but a single goal cost him his job.

5 goals and Flynny is safe as houses for the time being.
Mates in the thread again you see.
Needs to do a Fergie now though.
Seriously that would be blinking great albeit a very tall order.
Like I said nothing wrong siding with a mate.

Spiderman wrote:Is anyone else laughing ?
The very people that demanded Feeney be sacked are now saying he wasn’t so bad. I need to sit down, my sides are aching
Nope.
Blimey far worse managers for our club.
It clearly isn't sinking in.
He was on a very early learning curve unlike some on here still saying give Flynny more time as he is still learning 3 + years on.

Spiderman wrote:Ironically a Dan Butler mistake , not long after the last minute penalty dive for Luton to win or Mansfield’s last minute wonder goal in the first game of the season.

Fine margins hey
Spot on.
Felt sorry for the fella
Same for Flynny this season but not 9 goals in 2 games albeit as reports say could have been 15/16 from Flynnys own mouth.

Best 3 managers since our resurrection.
Flynny, Justin, Deano

Then leading the also rans Warren.

The rest jury out on a few.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Ironically a Dan Butler mistake , not long after the last minute penalty dive for Luton to win or Mansfield’s last minute wonder goal in the first game of the season.

Fine margins hey
Spot on.
Felt sorry for the fella
Same for Flynny this season but not 9 goals in 2 games albeit as reports say could have been 15/16 from Flynnys own mouth.

Flynny, Justin, Deano

The point being Frank is that the majority wanted him out. He made some decent signings and some crap, like any manager. We also played some decent football but his mistake was to cut the previous squad loose with 12 games to go, Byrne led the exodus.

He was an inexperienced manager who thought that we were safe and he could tell the players who weren't being kept for the next season. He learned the hard way when they downed tools and we lost the remaining fixtures.
He started the next season with 1 win from 9 ( ?????) and was sacked by the BOD.....
MF has won 4 from our last 24 league games and many see that as OK and think he deserves more time ???

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Fine margins hey
Spot on.
Felt sorry for the fella

Flynny, Justin, Deano

You’ll like this Frank, I just googled

Feeney’s success’s

Butler
Labadie
Randall
Bennett
Rigg
Tozer
Parkin

Failures

Jackson
Turley
Bignott
Compton
JM Williams

Jury out

JBB
James Bitner

Okay but Byrne and the others would of gone regardless don't you think.
Him and Hughes were guaranteed a better standard.
Apart from maybe Rodman the rest were crackers refusing a contract.
Boden went for the money but proved to be crap.
Funny thing but I would of thought previously that Robbie would have been Justins first County signing.
Then Butcher released him.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Fine margins hey
Spot on.
Felt sorry for the fella

Flynny, Justin, Deano

You’ll like this Frank, I just googled

Feeney’s success’s

Butler
Labadie
Randall
Bennett
Rigg
Tozer
Parkin

Failures

Jackson
Turley
Bignott
Compton
JM Williams

Jury out

JBB
James Bitner
Agree with that albeit Turley has seen more league action since being loaned out..

Most experienced managers would be hailed as geniuses if they had achieved what MF has up to this point.

Ironically this season will prove to be one of the most important seasons in MF's career from a learning perspective and he will be a better manager for it. If we stick with him we'll see the benefit of that, if not some other club will.