Be careful what you wish for

A lot of messageboarders are calling for MF to be sacked but there's no guarantee that GF will be able to appoint a manager who is any better. Look what happened when Justin Edinburgh left. Butcher Feeney and Westley.

MF is our most successful EFL manager since the reformation. The players that left at the end of last season haven't been replaced by players as good. MF's fault? Podge, Matt and Labadie are shadows of the players they were. MF's fault? We've been hit with an abnormal number of injuries, including Demetriou, OB, Townsend and Baker. MF's fault?

Having said all that his refusal to make changes to personnel and tactics has been abysmal. The jury's still out but becareful what you wish for. I don't want another Westley etc.

Re: Be careful what you wish for

Blackandamber wrote:A lot of messageboarders are calling for MF to be sacked but there's no guarantee that GF will be able to appoint a manager who is any better. Look what happened when Justin Edinburgh left. Butcher Feeney and Westley.

MF is our most successful EFL manager since the reformation. The players that left at the end of last season haven't been replaced by players as good. MF's fault? Podge, Matt and Labadie are shadows of the players they were. MF's fault? We've been hit with an abnormal number of injuries, including Demetriou, OB, Townsend and Baker. MF's fault?

Having said all that his refusal to make changes to personnel and tactics has been abysmal. The jury's still out but becareful what you wish for. I don't want another Westley etc.
Another thread on the same topic, but I do appeciate it's not coming at it from the same angle. I would add that ....'a lot of messageboarders' .......doesn't actually amount to a lot of fans. Neither, of course, does the number of fans voicing support.
The actual score is probably about eight apiece. :lol:

Re: Be careful what you wish for

Blackandamber wrote:A lot of messageboarders are calling for MF to be sacked but there's no guarantee that GF will be able to appoint a manager who is any better. Look what happened when Justin Edinburgh left. Butcher Feeney and Westley.

I broadly agree with this viewpoint. I'd rather give Flynn time than start taking chances on new guys coming in. I'll no doubt get slated for it but I'd be content with mid-table survival in the League until such a point as our infrastructure is solid enough to support us in L1, which right now it absolutely isn't (IN MY OPINION). Obviously, I'd prefer us to do better, have more success, etc. But for now, I'm ok with finishing ~14th if that's what's in the cards. Beats consecutive 22nd places, which wasn't that long ago; short memories to suddenly think we're a club that Should Be Going Up.