Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

A medical expert yesterday stated that the Flu season has now just about finished.
Would think that anybody with Covid 19 would not feel well enough to be posting on here.
Lets hope we do not get any positive results to this evil.
Those scum bags in China have re opened markets again with people buying Cats/ Dogs, Bats etc unbelievable.
Delicasies ffs
Lets all hope China becomes a Pariah to the world when this is over.
It wont as money always talks.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
rncfc wrote:Frank, there are different strains of the virus. Most people will present only mild symptoms fortunately.
Lets hope nobody on here even gets the mildest strain then.
Pretty good around here as not seen anybody breaking the rules albeit how construction workers can jump in vans together and work 2 metres apart is beyond me.
It's crazy, isn't it? I spoke to about 50 self employed construction workers last week as my job is heavily liked to insurance. All of them worried, none of them wanting to be in work, very few of them able to afford to stop. Really sad.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:A medical expert yesterday stated that the Flu season has now just about finished.
Would think that anybody with Covid 19 would not feel well enough to be posting on here.
Those scum bags in China have re opened markets again with people buying Cats/ Dogs, Bats etc unbelievable.
Delicasies ffs
Frank. In the main, I feel exactly the same way, and that once this global crisis is over the world needs to punish China for starting this pandemic, for not communicating it quickly and truthfully enough and even for continuing to run those awful 'wet markets' and other scandalous actions which lead to wild animals being hunted for their tusks, fur etc.

I read some articles over the weekend where Wuhan residents allegedly said they didn't accept the death toll numbers on account of the dead bodies being hurriedly cremated exceeding the official numbers x 4, and a form of 'hush money' is being paid to grieving families to allow quicker cremations with limited funerals.

But, I've not heard the WHO or any scientific experts specifically blame China for covid-19, and I also wouldn't rule out a conspiracy theory doing the rounds at the moment which points to covid-19 being a man-made terrorist action.

Not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of this or the true scale.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:A medical expert yesterday stated that the Flu season has now just about finished.
Delicasies ffs
Frank. In the main, I feel exactly the same way, and that once this global crisis is over the world needs to punish China for starting this pandemic, for not communicating it quickly and truthfully enough and even for continuing to run those awful 'wet markets' and other scandalous actions which lead to wild animals being hunted for their tusks, fur etc.

I read some articles over the weekend where Wuhan residents allegedly said they didn't accept the death toll numbers on account of the dead bodies being hurriedly cremated exceeding the official numbers x 4, and a form of 'hush money' is being paid to grieving families to allow quicker cremations with limited funerals.

But, I've not heard the WHO or any scientific experts specifically blame China for covid-19, and I also wouldn't rule out a conspiracy theory doing the rounds at the moment which points to covid-19 being a man-made terrorist action.

Not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of this or the true scale.
Bats are particularly richly infected with viruses ( I know not as to why ) and have been associated with human diseases before, just think Ebola. Bats also infect pangolins and both are sold in Chinese street markets as I’ve seen myself , although admittedly some time ago. A slight mutation in one of these species made it transmissible to man. It seems this virus has made the jump to man very successfully and it has been found that the viral “ spikes “ bind to human ACE-2 receptors about 4 times as effectively as SARS and this explains why infection via the oral and nasal routes may be so efficient - I believe SARS needed to be deeply inhaled into the base of the lung in order to gain a foothold.
Both in China and Africa , there are large populations of rural people ( in China only recently moved to cities ) who enjoy bushmeat whether through taste or cash means is beyond my ken. Unless these sales can be stopped , if we get over this one there’ll be another along soon. As one of my old medic colleagues used to say when we were both stumped as to the best course of treatment to follow, “ what can you do eh? .
As to whether the Chinese were honest with their figures or not, I’d merely pose the following questions
a) were the government serious with their herd immunity theory when everybody knows this has never been achieved without a successful vaccine available è.g. measles , polio.???
b) do you believe the government’s figures on available equipment and testing kits because people on the ground still complain they don’t have them ???
c) do you believe the government’s figures on the number of newly infected cases and deaths when only figures taken are for those in hospital.???
As someone else used to say “ you pays yer money , you takes yer choice “.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Highly recommend a book called Pale Rider by Laura Spinney about the three waves of so-called Spanish flu in 1918-19 - not really Spanish, but Spain being neutral in WW One meant its press was more free to report it. Chilling parallels with 2020.
Haven't read the book, but there was a prog (drama-doc style) on BBC4 from 2018 about the Spanish flu that was repeated fairly recently. Probably still available on iplayer (sure it was only a fortnight or so ago). Siren voices from medics ignored. Could have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions, if they'd been listened to.

Edit: "The Flu That Killed 50 Million", first shown on BBC2, and yes, it still is on iplayer.

I have a nasty feeling that this Government is lying to us, and is in fact pursuing the 'herd mentality' theory (as many people get covid-19 as possible in the hope that most then get immune to getting it again), and doing this by stealth. The evidence which suggests this is happening -

1. Today, Gove claimed there were supply problems obtaining the chemicals needed for the test kits. Today, the UK industry association disputed this, saying they have supplies and could produce more, but haven't been asked to do so.

2. 2 weeks ago, BoJo stated there were enough tests to do 25,000 a day. Currently, they're testing around 8,000 a day. Those being tested seem to be the NHS staff (slowly, long overdue, I agree they must be tested), those in hospital with symptoms (again, I agree this is necessary) plus, it would seem, politicians, VIPs and royalty (can't say I agree they're a higher priority than OAPs living at home with underlying poor health).

3. Ventilators. It's quite clear the EU were happy to include the UK in their bulk-purchase but our esteemed Government decided we'd make our own. Several well-intended companies offering to make them but clearly asked a bit too late as supplies are being outstripped by demand.

4. We've got a partial lock-down, obeyed by some ignored by others, but hardly signs of a strong leadership. The rest of the world bar some US states ordered a full lock-down immediately.

5. Lack of PPE and basic equipment for our NHS staff. A truly world-class health service should ALWAYS have this kit, not merely try to source it in times of a crisis.

If this was happening in another part of the world and didn't affect the UK we'd be accusing their government of orchestrated genocide. If the above is remotely true then I can see full-scale riots and national disobedience in the near future.