Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:If anyone in Malpas area is self isolated and they need a hand walking their dog im more than will to help out
Thanks mate , I’ll buy one tomorrow :lol: seriously though, great gesture Jim, you’re one of the best . :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Are you managing with shopping etc Mike
At the moment mate but I use Sainsbury’s online and they’re not doing any deliveries atm it seems , they have no slots and haven’t had for days!

UPTHEPORT wrote:If anyone in Malpas area is self isolated and they need a hand walking their dog im more than will to help out
As was said at Grace Brothers - i'm free - to help out if required, let me know via PM if you want any shopping done or any other isolation needs.

Jim - how are the food banks going a the moment, i'm sure most of us on here could spare a small box of essentials if required?

Some great gestures guys, well done.

I'm currently fit and well and happy to help anyone out with shopping, errands, collecting prescriptions, walking your dog etc. Live in the Caldicot area but happy to travel. Looks like I'll be working from home for the foreseeable so likely to have time on my hands and have already offered to help local elderly neighbours.

If you're suffering from this awful virus and going stir-crazy indoors I'm happy to bring my dog over to you and we can walk him together if it helps get you out of the house for an hour.

Stay fit and healthy everyone.

Offers of community help are obviously great, but those offering help in an unofficial capacity please do take care. Social distancing is being advised for good reason. You should keep it very local. You may be virus free, but you may be asymptomatic and infectious.

Also, though transmission is overwhelmingly being driven by physical contact/contamination and being in the immediate vicinity of someone for a few seconds coughing over you, currently there is a slight weight of evidence in favour (there is some against) of there being an airborne transmission component whereby the virus may be able to stay in the air for an hour or so. So just passing through such a volume of air in that time window could infect you (much like measles transmission).

There are two folk music clubs that meet on Thursdays.The majority of the audience and singers at both clubs are aged 55-75 so most in the vulnerable age bracket.The one has decided to close for the time being but the other is intending to run this week.Do we support the club that is open and try to have some semblance of normalcy or take government advice and stay away.Difficult decision for individuals to make,should the government take a stronger stance on all gatherings,would it become like a dictatorship or nanny state and ban everything.Weird times ahead I think.

NearlyDead wrote:Offers of community help are obviously great, but those offering help in an unofficial capacity please do take care. Social distancing is being advised for good reason. You should keep it very local. You may be virus free, but you may be asymptomatic and infectious.

Also, though transmission is overwhelmingly being driven by physical contact/contamination and being in the immediate vicinity of someone for a few seconds coughing over you, currently there is a slight weight of evidence in favour (there is some against) of there being an airborne transmission component whereby the virus may be able to stay in the air for an hour or so. So just passing through such a volume of air in that time window could infect you (much like measles transmission).
Found out today the the primary route for transmission of the virus is via airborne particles, not droplets nor physical contamination although they can play a part.

pembsexile wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:Offers of community help are obviously great, but those offering help in an unofficial capacity please do take care. Social distancing is being advised for good reason. You should keep it very local. You may be virus free, but you may be asymptomatic and infectious.

Found out today the the primary route for transmission of the virus is via airborne particles, not droplets nor physical contamination although they can play a part.
I feared as much, if that’s the case we all need a private island. It does explain that in high humidity it’s not as transmissible ( as water droplets precipitate the viral particles ). It sounds like that in that case , as stated, it’s like measles which can be contagious long corridors away from the source. Bad news indeed.
I’m banking on this virus being killed by red wine , chocolate and Jameson’s . What’s the odds eh? Certainly bigger than Phil’s 4-0 to the County :grin:

lowandhard wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

I feared as much, if that’s the case we all need a private island. It does explain that in high humidity it’s not as transmissible ( as water droplets precipitate the viral particles ). It sounds like that in that case , as stated, it’s like measles which can be contagious long corridors away from the source. Bad news indeed.
I’m banking on this virus being killed by red wine , chocolate and Jameson’s . What’s the odds eh? Certainly bigger than Phil’s 4-0 to the County :grin:
:grin: I was going to count on a couple of cans of Guinness as it is Paddy’s day but we have run out. Supermarket closed so I’ve raided the fridge for a Coors :cheers: