Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Typical

Been to work in the past feeling like crap and the bosses attitude was, man up and get on with it

My son gets sent home from school today with a headache and a slight temperature and I get sent home from work to self quarantine for 14 days even though I feel fine :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Neil is it true they call you sicknote :mrgreen: all the bugs you have had as well :roll:

Have you seen the condition of some of the homes I deliver to ???

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Been to work in the past feeling like crap and the bosses attitude was, man up and get on with it

My son gets sent home from school today with a headache and a slight temperature and I get sent home from work to self quarantine for 14 days even though I feel fine :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Neil is it true they call you sicknote :mrgreen: all the bugs you have had as well :roll:

Firstly as a responsible adult its your duty to report these nursing homes to the appropriate authorities

Secondly you are only in these care homes for small amounts of time so during these times hand hygiene is paramount

Do what I do working with society sickest patients carry hand sanitiser wash your hands after every patient you transport and where necessary wear gloves changing them as well after every patient

Also carry wipes to clean your vehicle before during and the end of every shift

And take your working clothes off as soon as you can end of shift wash them everyday and shower as soon as you get in

Its all common sense

neilcork68 wrote:As I work in the Pharmacy industry delivering to vulnerable people we have been instructed by the NHS that even if any of our family shows even the slightest sign of any of the symptoms we MUST self quarantine to avoid any dangers of passing the virus on
I feel 100% but because there is a very slight chance he may have caught the virus it could take up to 5 days before I show any symptoms and people working in the industry cannot take chances as I could pass it on to hundreds more that I deliver to .
As most of my deliveries are to Nursing Homes who are the most vulnerable people at risk We cannot take chances.
Anyway 14 days off for me :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
if I am symptom free, the garden , garage tidied and decorating will have to be done as I cant put it off any longer .the better half has already told me that as I walked in the door after being sent home from work :lol:
Are you both being tested for the virus?

Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:As I work in the Pharmacy industry delivering to vulnerable people we have been instructed by the NHS that even if any of our family shows even the slightest sign of any of the symptoms we MUST self quarantine to avoid any dangers of passing the virus on
I feel 100% but because there is a very slight chance he may have caught the virus it could take up to 5 days before I show any symptoms and people working in the industry cannot take chances as I could pass it on to hundreds more that I deliver to .
As most of my deliveries are to Nursing Homes who are the most vulnerable people at risk We cannot take chances.
Anyway 14 days off for me :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
if I am symptom free, the garden , garage tidied and decorating will have to be done as I cant put it off any longer .the better half has already told me that as I walked in the door after being sent home from work :lol:
Are you both being tested for the virus?

As yet no..
It was only a few hours ago he came home with "a temperature" , which he'd hasn't got now , he also has no symptoms of the virus.
I will contact the doctors in the morning to see what the next stage is.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Firstly as a responsible adult its your duty to report these nursing homes to the appropriate authorities

Secondly you are only in these care homes for small amounts of time so during these times hand hygiene is paramount

Do what I do working with society sickest patients carry hand sanitiser wash your hands after every patient you transport and where necessary wear gloves changing them as well after every patient

Also carry wipes to clean your vehicle before during and the end of every shift

And take your working clothes off as soon as you can end of shift wash them everyday and shower as soon as you get in

Its all common sense

Jim I know what to do as I have done the job years before the virus was around and did what you say as everyday...ie handwash , kept the van clean etc.....Since the NHS stepped up the precautions I haven't been inside a care home and had very limited access to doctors surgeries.I have had to wear gloves , masks etc as well...
Work will/have informed the homes I delivered to as a matter of our responsibilities to them..

As yet its not confirmed we have the virus but as responsible adults / employers I/we have decided the best action is for my family and I to self quarantine.

excessbee wrote:What was on his timetable this afternoon?
?????

Yesterday his school sent loads home 'ill' and quite a few today as well and now they have shut down the school two days early.
We were told of the school shutting down at the end of todays lessons before the government announced the school closers would be from Friday .I was going to volunteer to do more shifts because of this :lol:
Gutted , I will have to pretend to like them noe :wink:

No system is perfect but if you are interested, have a look on the BBC news about how Singapore deal with the Covid 19 outbreak. They use a contact tracing system.

They contact people who have been in contact with positively tested people. The first you get to hear about it is that you get a phone call off the authorities telling you that you need to be tested and go in to quarantine. They have had 250 cases and no deaths so far. The article explains it far better than me.

Harvard epidemiologists call it the gold standard of the current world systems for dealing with tracing the outbreak.

I completely understand that Singapore is a different society to ours but can you imagine the outcry from the civil liberties people if they tried that here.