Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

NearlyDead wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:I wonder how RP will make the Gents toilet under the Hazell stand Covid secure?
They won't; they can't. There will be a medical station just inside the ground entrance(s). Arrive early so your catheter can be fitted.

Not even Covid could survive in those bogs.

Anyway it was ok over Somerton so why not RP ?...Back in the day we just turned around and peed against the fence or the person standing behind you :wink: Anything not to use those bogs down the steps behind the Popular Bank especially if it was raining

Amberarmy wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Cambridge Utd's Abbey Stadium chosen as govt pilot for 2 games next week. Tinpot cup on 8th (1,000 capacity) and EFL2 game on 12th (2,500 capacity, which is 30% of normal capacity).
I don't think that's fair so Cambridge gets an advantage of having home fans where other clubs in l2 don't
I think that the pilots have to take place somewhere at some point...if it goes well then its a big step forward in letting fans back into grounds at this level.

I don't think we should look at it in the way you have described it as.
I agree that if it goes well, it is a big step towards letting fans back into all grounds but will they both happen if the infection rate continues to rise in the way it is at the moment or will we get told that the infection rate doesn't really matter, it is the death rate that is important so keep calm and carry on?

Amberexile wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Cambridge Utd's Abbey Stadium chosen as govt pilot for 2 games next week. Tinpot cup on 8th (1,000 capacity) and EFL2 game on 12th (2,500 capacity, which is 30% of normal capacity).
I don't think that's fair so Cambridge gets an advantage of having home fans where other clubs in l2 don't
I think that the pilots have to take place somewhere at some point...if it goes well then its a big step forward in letting fans back into grounds at this level.

I agree that if it goes well, it is a big step towards letting fans back into all grounds but will they both happen if the infection rate continues to rise in the way it is at the moment or will we get told that the infection rate doesn't really matter, it is the death rate that is important so keep calm and carry on?
Was thinking along the same lines. It would appear that although positive tests are soaring, hospital admissions and especially intensive care patients with the virus are not, currently? Given the death rates remain relatively low I suspect they will be seen as acceptable 'collateral damage' by the decision makers.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Was thinking along the same lines. It would appear that although positive tests are soaring, hospital admissions and especially intensive care patients with the virus are not, currently? Given the death rates remain relatively low I suspect they will be seen as acceptable 'collateral damage' by the decision makers.
I think I might have said this earlier. In 1968 the 'flu killed 80,000. But we just carried on. Back then I was a primary school pupil. Now as a man in my mid 60's I'm a little less sanguine about 'collateral damage'. However whilst this is a difficult decision, I am beginning to wonder if there may have been if not an over reaction perhaps a misguided reaction. For people under 50 the mortality rate is minimal. It might have been a better idea to have offered furlough etc to the vulnerable, and treated the rest of society as the robust individuals they are. For those in our dotage we are old enough to make our own decisions. That I chose to go back to a former profession and become a front line worker is a move I don't regret. And in the event I croak, I guess that a few on here won't regret my decision either. :grin: