Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Guernsey have withdrawn from their league for this season due to the current travel ban between the island and the UK. They've been allowed to keep their place in the league for next season, considering the circumstances. Would Merthyr be given the same guarantee?

Merthyr have had discussions with the FAW about joining the Welsh pyramid recently, are they setting up for a move similar to Colwyn Bay last summer?

George Street-Bridge wrote:I was looking at the so far blank tables for National League South and they are going one light with 21 teams. What happened there?
I think ... it's because of the Bury knock-on effect, meaning only three teams were relegated from the NL last season, meaning only one team (Ebbsfleet) relegated to NLS and two teams (Fylde and Chorley) to NLN. Wealdstone and Weymouth came up from the NLS, and so net minus one team in NLS. Think it's due to be sorted next season when leagues below NL are due to be amended, though covid-19 could throw a spanner into it all.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I was looking at the so far blank tables for National League South and they are going one light with 21 teams. What happened there?

One disincentive for Merthyr joining the Welsh pyramid is apparently the WP is likely to lose one of its European places - https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/09/17/ble ... u-premier/
They'll have won it back by the time Merthyr would be in a position to qualify anyway.

Percy plunkett wrote:You can sit indoors,in an enclosed space with strangers and drink alcohol all day until you’re so sloshed you don’t know what day it is but,as long as you’re home by 11pm then it’s alright.It seems Covid only comes out then like the bogeyman.But,you can’t meet your own family indoors during the day because presumably you’re not sloshed.
Unfortunately most transmission of the virus, appears to be within the home setting. Presumably because unlike public space in our homes we don't take the same precautions, such as wearing masks, not physically distancing and so on.

However I tend to agree with the other limb of your argument. You can to a degree 'police' people in pubs but when they leave having drink taken they are much less likely to behave responsibly.

These are tough times for all of us, but until there is a vaccine we have to accept these restrictions. The lives of the old, the ill and the vulnerable are every bit as precious as yours or mine.

Percy plunkett wrote:You can sit indoors,in an enclosed space with strangers and drink alcohol all day until you’re so sloshed you don’t know what day it is but,as long as you’re home by 11pm then it’s alright.It seems Covid only comes out then like the bogeyman.But,you can’t meet your own family indoors during the day because presumably you’re not sloshed.
Local lockdown rules say this about pubs...
Are restaurants, cafés, bars and pubs still allowed to be open?
Yes, but you can only eat and drink indoors with people you live with. It is a criminal offence to deliberately meet someone from outside your household in any of these settings (indoors). There are strict rules about how hospitality settings such as this area allowed to operate. However, if these rules aren’t followed or if people continue to meet others form outside their households they may have to close.