Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Had to ring 111 yesterday because my symptoms changed got to say what a farce on phone listening to the usual your call is important to us No its clearly not its important to me FFS must have heard that 80 plus times in 2hrs 6 minutes then got cut off :roll: tried again on hold another 1 hour 48 minutes then cut off again :banghead:

So then looked at time my gp was due to open so waited 20 minutes then tried them guess what "My call was important to them" who the **** thinks of these lines :roll:

Anyway got through and had telephonic quize from the receptionist who then put me on hold to hear you guessed it "My call was important to them " :banghead:

Anyway glad to report i then had call off GP TFFT!! Who has prescribed me tablets i need

So the lesson is unless you really have lost the will to live don't bother with 111 and try your GP

UPTHEPORT wrote:Had to ring 111 yesterday because my symptoms changed got to say what a farce on phone listening to the usual your call is important to us No its clearly not its important to me FFS must have heard that 80 plus times in 2hrs 6 minutes then got cut off :roll: tried again on hold another 1 hour 48 minutes then cut off again :banghead:

So then looked at time my gp was due to open so waited 20 minutes then tried them guess what "My call was important to them" who the **** thinks of these lines :roll:

Anyway got through and had telephonic quize from the receptionist who then put me on hold to hear you guessed it "My call was important to them " :banghead:

Anyway glad to report i then had call off GP TFFT!! Who has prescribed me tablets i need

So the lesson is unless you really have lost the will to live don't bother with 111 and try your GP
Sounds like trying to get through to any helpline these days!
Just out of interest mate, what treatment are they prescribing for this?

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Not been confirmed yet Mike but GP gave me zipain bit stronger than normal paracetamol
Yeah fair bit of codeine in that iirc, hope it does the trick for you mate.
First 2 days slept 16 out of 24 hrs not felt like eating had the 2 Bob bits as well lost sense of taste and smell i personally think I've had it plus bit out of breath going up stairs which for someone that walks 12 miles plus a day isn't me

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Not been confirmed yet Mike but GP gave me zipain bit stronger than normal paracetamol
Yeah fair bit of codeine in that iirc, hope it does the trick for you mate.
First 2 days slept 16 out of 24 hrs not felt like eating had the 2 Bob bits as well lost sense of taste and smell i personally think I've had it plus bit out of breath going up stairs which for someone that walks 12 miles plus a day isn't me
Hope you feel better soon , the codeine should help with the scheize as well mate

UPTHEPORT wrote:Thanks everyone im not feeling to bad at all just waiting on my results

Its funny my sense of taste isn't right still
Hope you're on the mend mate.

I was ill about 4 weeks ago. Totally bed ridden for around two days, aching muscles, temperature, etc.

Since then my 3 and 1 year old kids have both been hospitalised, with fever, bad cough, breathing difficulties. Both were tested at the Gwent for coronavirus but both tested negative. Just a bad bug apparently. I have to say I am somewhat sceptical about it, the coincidence seems remarkable considering I haven't picked up a bug in years.

Fortunately most people are only going to get mild symptoms. Hope this remains the case for you.

Sorry to be pedantic , its Zapain not zipain.

They are 30mg Codiene/500mg Paracetamol and are classed as a strong painkiller for most of the population . If you are not used to them they can make you feel drowsy and its advisable not to operate machinery or drive whilst taking them.
I am a little surprised that your doctor didnt give you the 8mg CoCodamol tablets to see how you get on with them as its quite a large dose to take if you have never taken them before.
Take care Jim and get well soon.