Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:
excessbee wrote:The date on that article is 2nd April.
Yes but still relevant as flights are still coming in !
Current thinking is that there are so many people with the virus already that a few more people being repatriated and coming in with it won't make much of a difference. As the numbers come down, they might have to ask the science to change that view. I'm sure it has nothing to do with testing capacity.

There are many types of Coronavirus,in fact it has been around for at least 60 years.Bronchitis,COPD,Lung and other respiratory problems are connected with it as are common colds and flu,be it Winter flu or other strains.The Government figures are including all deaths with these symptoms as Coronavirus related deaths.Why are they doing it,I don't know but,this is as worrying as the virus itself.

On the BBC yesterday,a retired judge,Lord Sumption questioned the figures and suggested that as little as 10% of the deaths are due to this new strain.Would he risk his reputation with these remarks.According to the figures,there are still hundreds of deaths each day due to Covid yet Boris has relaxed the lockdown in England with crowded buses and trains happening again.Gove is now planning on opening schools on June 1,why if the death rate is so high.Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:On the BBC yesterday,a retired judge,Lord Sumption questioned the figures and suggested that as little as 10% of the deaths are due to this new strain.Would he risk his reputation with these remarks.
Believing that you are right and being right are not the same.
A statement you could perhaps take into account from time to time with your own posts. Haha, just kidding your majesty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52721397

Seems a lot of Black and Asian players are raising concerns

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.

"So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

That's a valid point :roll:

How can you consider playing football at this moment in time

UPTHEPORT wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52721397

Seems a lot of Black and Asian players are raising concerns

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.

"So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

That's a valid point :roll:

How can you consider playing football at this moment in time

They’re working on the hope that due to the constant testing they’ll be doing that none of the players, managers or officials will have the virus to spread it.

One thing I've really missed with the lockdown and current good weather is being able to walk my dog on Barry beach. Although those using it last year weren't always well-behaved.....

Last summer, I witnessed totally disgusting behaviour at the beach.

A man and woman arguing in front of a load of kids, then she smacked him one on the head and it all kicked off between them.

The police turned up and the policeman ended up using his baton on the bloke, but the man actually managed to get the baton off the copper and started hitting the copper and the woman with it. All in front of hundreds of kids watching.

Then a crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages....