Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Disgusting scenes in Liverpool last night and the South Coast during the day what is wrong with these people ! Bet they all pledged their undying love for the NHS few weeks back Hypocrites!!

Watch the spikes in these areas now

The Welsh government has got this right
Anything to have a pop at Liverpool eh? You call them hypocrites. You cannot make it up.

Where is your condemnation of the scenes of the recent rave in Brixton? Where is your condemnation of the semi riots in Bristol a week or so ago when people mass gathered? Where is your condemnation of all the mass protests across the country lately? No, just give it out to a club that you dislike.

Those fans should not have been there. There is no real excuse for them congregating. Never mind, you can vent your anger if you dress it up with condemnation of scenes on the South Coast. Yet you call them hypocrites. Hmmm.

I did wonder how long it would take the scouse haters to comment. Given your comments about the cancellation of the Premier league some time ago, you were first in the queue. Sanctimonious twaddle.

I sincerely hope there are no more mass gatherings in Scouseland. The official celebrations can wait.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-53203765

At least the club except its wrong :roll:

You posted that after the night they won it. The police and mayor weren’t bothered by that. This was the second night which was the problem

New season to start in 6wks time. A few observations -

The trial where limited numbers of fans watched a cricket friendly seems to have gone ok so I guess we're looking at doing something similar, when permitted, for County home games. 25% capacity in seating areas and maybe some sort of distancing in the terrace (painted marks on the floor indicating where supporters can stand?).

All tickets sold in advance with track and trace details taken when booking.

Fans possibly able to have a pre-match drink on the lawn, although how this would work with pre-booking etc I don't know.

Let's hope none of our players, targets or staff decided to go to Spain on holiday otherwise that's them self-isolating when they return.

The UK government scientists are now talking about reigning in the lockdown easing. One suggestion is to close pubs again, to ensure schools can re-open in September.

An interesting dilemma. Pubs trading at a reasonable level clearly bring employment and tax revenue plus arguably improve public morale. Whereas schools are needed to educate our kids and help their mental health.

You're Mark Drakeford in 4 weeks' time and facing an increase in positive covid results in Wales. Would you close down pubs to ensure schools can re-open?

Just a little update. The Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) have been told that games need once again to be played behind closed doors. Gaelic football and hurling are games played on a large scale throughout Ireland and the club scene tends to be local games between towns and villages so small that even the people who live there don't know where they are. Crowds for this amateur game often number a couple of hundred or so.

The problem it seems is that the spike in infections is caused not by the behaviour of fans at the game, but rather that people drink before and after the game together, they travel to the game together.

It continues to be my view that crowds will not be returning to football in the UK until there is a vaccine. I still think that certainly below Championship level, the professional game is not sustainable without spectators.

Other views are, as is said, available.

Accrington Stanley FC has announced details of timescales for fans returning.

First 2 home games of season on 08/09/20 (EFL Trophy) and 12/09/20 (EFL1) will be behind closed doors.
A trial with 770 fans will be made on 26/09/20 (EFL1).
Should trial go well then 1,535 fans will be allowed from 06/10/20 (EFL1) for every game until EFL / Govt restrictions are lifted. That's about 30% of capacity. Same % applied to RP would equate to approx 2,000.

Today (well yesterday - Saturday - now) there was a crowd of 2,500 fans in the Amex stadium to watch a pre-season friendly between Brighton and Chelsea. I believe this to be the first pilot event for a professional football match as a precursor to the proposed return of fans in October.

Face masks were to be worn in the walk up to the stadium, and in the concourses, only to be removed when you take your seat.

Amberexile wrote:Today (well yesterday - Saturday - now) there was a crowd of 2,500 fans in the Amex stadium to watch a pre-season friendly between Brighton and Chelsea. I believe this to be the first pilot event for a professional football match as a precursor to the proposed return of fans in October.

Face masks were to be worn in the walk up to the stadium, and in the concourses, only to be removed when you take your seat.
It will be very interesting to see how they follow that up. Markers and Statisticians will be in overdrive. I hope it all went well and there is no increase in the R number in those areas. I wonder if the fans allowed in had to register so they could be monitored.

What happens in the events after this game will have an effect upon the whole of the following season for all us fans. Fingers crossed it all went well.

faerun exile wrote:Accrington Stanley FC has announced details of timescales for fans returning.

First 2 home games of season on 08/09/20 (EFL Trophy) and 12/09/20 (EFL1) will be behind closed doors.
A trial with 770 fans will be made on 26/09/20 (EFL1).
Should trial go well then 1,535 fans will be allowed from 06/10/20 (EFL1) for every game until EFL / Govt restrictions are lifted. That's about 30% of capacity. Same % applied to RP would equate to approx 2,000.
I'm not sure I understand the situation here. Has Accrington Stanley gone independent on this by declaring a 'test match'? Surely every club/stadium needs a test of its procedures. They aren't testing to find out if fans in stadiums produces an upsurge in infection, that's something that would be apparent after a time lag. A successful outcome at Accrington is not an indication that it would be successful everywhere else. What are they testing? I'd say the stadium management ; turnstiles, stewarding, catering, toilets, entry and exit procedures and fans' understanding /cooperation with all of these. Every club needs this trial run and it can only be the first match, as and when stipulated by the EFL, under government guidance. I'd hate to think if it went badly at Accrington, it would have a bearing on the timescale for opening up at Rodney Parade.

Further to my comment about the Accrington announcement, does this mean we could declare the Barrow fixture a 'trial run' and admit 1000, and then go for the full 2000 for the October fixtures? In reality, a decision not to do this would seem sensible as it avoids the consideration of deciding which 1000 are offered a seat and then the necessary communication with them. On another point, I'm still surprised that the EFL hasn't made a statement about away fans. All clubs will now be in the process of allocating seats according to a socially distanced plan and need to know if they can make use of away fans' areas for home fans.