Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby mad norm » May 21st, 2020, 9:29 am

:grin:
Fell for that!
Nice one
:cheers:
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » May 21st, 2020, 9:40 am

:grin:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » May 21st, 2020, 1:05 pm

mad norm wrote::grin:
Fell for that!
Nice one
:cheers:

Me too. :grin:
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » May 26th, 2020, 6:51 am

It is now reported that data gathered from millions of volunteers found coronavirus "hotspots" shortly after the Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid.

Equally, do you think that there could also be a link to the South East Wales ‘hotspot’ and the visit of Benetton?
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » May 26th, 2020, 11:22 am

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:It is now reported that data gathered from millions of volunteers found coronavirus "hotspots" shortly after the Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid.

Equally, do you think that there could also be a link to the South East Wales ‘hotspot’ and the visit of Benetton?

Yes, and the County also played at home less than 24 hours later.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » May 26th, 2020, 1:11 pm

I'm not surprised, even without any hindsight it did seem foolish to continue with Cheltenham races and Liverpool's Champions League game given the crowds involved, many of whom were Spanish fans leaving a country already tormented by covid-19 and flying into the UK.

I read a suggestion over the weekend where lower league clubs might be able to allow some fans in to watch games up to 25% capacity. Presumably no standing and fans sat several spaced apart. I think this could possibly work at RP as long as fans accessed their allocated seat sensibly maintaining social distancing when queueing etc. It would need some careful stewarding to stop everyone entering and leaving at the same time, not all rushing for the toilets at half-time etc but with careful planning it might work next season.
User

phil_in_npton

Postby phil_in_npton » May 26th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Good Afternoon

On paper it sounds feasible but in reality it means a high level of awareness and responsibility from stewards. I don’t think that is practical and will cause all sorts of problems, people can’t even sit in seats with respect to others around them. Football fans and rules don’t mix too well, for 80-90% maybe but as always 10% are going to mess it up for everyone else.

Phil in Northampton
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » May 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I read a suggestion over the weekend where lower league clubs might be able to allow some fans in to watch games up to 25% capacity. Presumably no standing and fans sat several spaced apart. I think this could possibly work at RP as long as fans accessed their allocated seat sensibly maintaining social distancing when queueing etc. It would need some careful stewarding to stop everyone entering and leaving at the same time, not all rushing for the toilets at half-time etc but with careful planning it might work next season.

Could be a Season Ticket Holder only admission?
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » May 26th, 2020, 6:05 pm

Totally nuts.

"Excuse me can I get through to my seat four along please"

"Excuse me can I get passed as I need a Jimmy"

Absolutely ridiculous.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » May 27th, 2020, 8:46 am

I decided not to go to the last home game against Morecambe, the one the day after Treviso were there, not solely but partly out of concern. Immediately afterwards I felt a bit foolish but it soon struck me it was exactly the right thing to have done.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » May 27th, 2020, 8:51 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I decided not to go to the last home game against Morecambe, the one the day after Treviso were there, not solely but partly out of concern. Immediately afterwards I felt a bit foolish but it soon struck me it was exactly the right thing to have done.
I was shocked that the Treviso game went ahead.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » May 27th, 2020, 9:08 am

With hindsight, given Newport turned out to be a hotspot - maybe because of visitors when Italy played in the Six Nations - perhaps it mattered less who the opponents were. Just that the stand was occupied the evening before.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » May 27th, 2020, 9:41 am

phil_in_npton wrote:On paper it sounds feasible but in reality it means a high level of awareness and responsibility from stewards.
Phil in Northampton

Fair point Phil. RP stewards and "high level of awareness and responsibility" haven't always gone hand in hand. What happened with that enquiry into the mindless idiot taunting Stuart McCall at the home game v Bradford? I don't recall seeing an update, was the cretin ever identified and dealt with?
Previous