Re: GRANDSTAND: v MORECAMBE

Spiderman wrote:I find it sad when people pick holes in a victory , in fact our first home victory against Morecombe since we’ve been back in the league.

A cynic might say it’s personal.
The problem at the start of the season was,drab lifeless 1-0 wins against Crewe and Carlisle were lauded as superb victories and any criticism was jumped on.Today was absolutely shocking but we managed to scrape another win against a very poor Morcambe side,in fact we almost managed to gift them a equaliser at the end.Spider is obviously content with whatever his best friend says and does,we all stick up for our mates but come on.

Pembs,I agree with you,unfortunately,managers want to finish as high as they can.They see tried and tested journeymen as a safer bet than giving youth a chance.They would rather finish say tenth than chance blooding academy players and only finishing twelfth.They are just concerned about now rather than next season.Now is the time for three lads to get game time but,Flynny has to put himself and his future before the team as he says,he has 12 games to save his job.

Percy plunkett wrote:Pembs,I agree with you,unfortunately,managers want to finish as high as they can.They see tried and tested journeymen as a safer bet than giving youth a chance.They would rather finish say tenth than chance blooding academy players and only finishing twelfth.They are just concerned about now rather than next season.Now is the time for three lads to get game time but,Flynny has to put himself and his future before the team as he says,he has 12 games to save his job.
The reason being that supporters like you don’t give players time and blame the manager

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The journeyman just lobbed the ball back into the danger area,he sliced it up and it dropped over the line.A goal to his name which is great,it doesn't matter how it goes in but,Spider and his best mate think he meant it.He did ok,let's see if he can follow it up with a performance at Carlisle.
Completely disagree with that assessment. He realised the goalie had made a poor clearance and was not going to be able to defend any ball lifted over him. He fully intended that as an attempt on goal and did it superbly.

You’re wasting your time with this one my friend , he still dines our on the great days of Graham Rodgers and our Gloucster cup win
Funny thing Spider I haver never heard him mention Graham on here.
Must of missed that. :lol:
When did he say that then.
ps Graham nice fella.
I know , Graham was our manager when we won the Gloucster cup which were two drab 1-0 wins.

It's actually Graham Rogers Spider.He did a great job winning the Gloucestershire Senior Cup and the following season won the Beazer Championship where he helped the club create a new 100 year record of consecutive wins.Unfortunately,he didn't get a job for life and the board,reluctantly,had to relieve him of his duties in September 1996 after a poor start to the season.There was no personal vendetta just a football decision had to be made.There was no hard feelings on Graham's part as he realised that he is in a results business.Does that answer your query Spider.

rodneyboy wrote:Shocking display against the worst side at the Parade this season.Good job they didn'y have a forward line.
Nothing personal but 'the worst side at the Parade this season'.
Must have read that about 8 or 9 sides this season? Albeit from different posters.

Maybe I'm being naïve and others obviously disagree but I thought Gorman's goal was a well executed deliberately placed goal.
From what I've seen from him to date, admittedly only at home games, I think he would be a worthwhile addition to the squad for next season.

I disagree with the posts that say we were rubbish etc. I thought that the 2nd half we tried to play football, which is commendable on that pitch. I liked our midfield today, with Sheehan the pick of them in my opinion. Morecambe were terrible it's true, but from our perspective we have been a lot worse.

Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Pembs,I agree with you,unfortunately,managers want to finish as high as they can.They see tried and tested journeymen as a safer bet than giving youth a chance.They would rather finish say tenth than chance blooding academy players and only finishing twelfth.They are just concerned about now rather than next season.Now is the time for three lads to get game time but,Flynny has to put himself and his future before the team as he says,he has 12 games to save his job.
The reason being that supporters like you don’t give players time and blame the manager
You are blaming Collins for last Saturday,45 minutes saying he should never play him even though the match was already lost at half time.Some of our fans didn't bother watching the second half.That's really giving a player time.

Percy plunkett wrote:It's actually Graham Rogers Spider.He did a great job winning the Gloucestershire Senior Cup and the following season won the Beazer Championship where he helped the club create a new 100 year record of consecutive wins.Unfortunately,he didn't get a job for life and the board,reluctantly,had to relieve him of his duties in September 1996 after a poor start to the season.There was no personal vendetta just a football decision had to be made.There was no hard feelings on Graham's part as he realised that he is in a results business.Does that answer your query Spider.
How many games did he win to win the Gloucster cup, and against whom and by what Scoreline?

I distinctly remember Graham arguing with fans on several occasions and let’s not forget this was all before the dawn of social media

Three years ago this week , we were facing oblivion , now we’ve had our third season in a row being safe by March, despite having the worst facilities and pitch in the league

#flynnout

Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It's actually Graham Rogers Spider.He did a great job winning the Gloucestershire Senior Cup and the following season won the Beazer Championship where he helped the club create a new 100 year record of consecutive wins.Unfortunately,he didn't get a job for life and the board,reluctantly,had to relieve him of his duties in September 1996 after a poor start to the season.There was no personal vendetta just a football decision had to be made.There was no hard feelings on Graham's part as he realised that he is in a results business.Does that answer your query Spider.
How many games did he win to win the Gloucster cup, and against whom and by what Scoreline?

I distinctly remember Graham arguing with fans on several occasions and let’s not forget this was all before the dawn of social media

Three years ago this week , we were facing oblivion , now we’ve had our third season in a row being safe by March, despite having the worst facilities and pitch in the league

#flynnout

Worst pitch in the league - correct

Worst facilities - puzzled with that though?

Spiderman wrote:

#flynnout
He didn't win as he didn't play but,Darren Porretta and Mark Price,who you may see at our games won all the games that they had to in order to win the Cup.