We won today

Where are the Jim Henson brigade ( Statler - Spiderman & Waldorf -whoareya) ?

I expected the forum to be alight with "" we told you so posts""

MF is the same......last week he was 'digging out the players' questioning their character' . Now following a win against a very poor Morecambe side he is crowing that 'everything is fine ' and they are playing for him.
5 wins in the next 5 games now then Michael is it or will he turn on them again ????????

Fans who question your position and have said you may have lost the dressing room are now 'idiots/clowns now ' are we ?????? ( his words in the argus )
We help pay your wages or have you forgotten that ???
These fans who you are calling idiots/clowns probably put their hands in their pockets a few years ago and saved the club from going under and pay monthly towards the trust .Without thses 'idiots' spending their hard earned you wouldnt have a club to manage.......

Only one idiot/ cloiwn IMO.............

Re: We won today

Calm down Neil, we are not in danger of relegation. We have had countless injuries, mumps in the camp. Making the playoff final last season was a bit of magic. We missed out. Following season after a cup final loss can be the hardest season, just look at Spurs. I have no problem on him calling people who behave like clowns...clowns. Don't take it so personally Neil. We won today, Morecambe and the teams at the bottom are going to make every game ugly. This is League 2

Why don't you ask Flynny if you can have a chat about tactics, show him videos of things where you would make tactical changes. He may teach you a few things. He may get some insight on things from you. Am a bit worried about you blowing a fuse , so to speak. Your health is more important than football.

neilcork68 wrote:Where are the Jim Henson brigade ( Statler - Spiderman & Waldorf -whoareya) ?

MF is the same......last week he was 'digging out the players' questioning their character' . Now following a win against a very poor Morecambe side he is crowing that 'everything is fine ' and they are playing for him.
5 wins in the next 5 games now then Michael is it or will he turn on them again ????????

Fans who question your position and have said you may have lost the dressing room are now 'idiots/clowns now ' are we ?????? ( his words in the argus )
These fans who you are calling idiots/clowns probably put their hands in their pockets a few years ago and saved the club from going under and pay monthly towards the trust .Without thses 'idiots' spending their hard earned you wouldnt have a club to manage.......

If only you had the self awareness to realise that your attention seeking starts threads complaining that you haven't had any flak.

Triangle wrote:Calm down Neil, we are not in danger of relegation. We have had countless injuries, mumps in the camp. Making the playoff final last season was a bit of magic. We missed out. Following season after a cup final loss can be the hardest season, just look at Spurs. I have no problem on him calling people who behave like clowns...clowns. Don't take it so personally Neil. We won today, Morecambe and the teams at the bottom are going to make every game ugly. This is League 2

Why don't you ask Flynny if you can have a chat about tactics, show him videos of things where you would make tactical changes. He may teach you a few things. He may get some insight on things from you. Am a bit worried about you blowing a fuse , so to speak. Your health is more important than football.

Don't worry , I am perfectly calm and my health at present is fine.
Have a chat with him about tactics and where I believe he is going wrong ? IMO the man is too arrogant to take any advice because ( his words) I haven't worked in football , I don't know and I must be a 'clown' because of it.
Posters on here who defend him don't like the harsh realities and facts that go against their support of him......Yesterday we won , great.........That was against a VERY POOR Morecambe side....Win three out of the next 5 then IMO he has the right to believed what he says otherwise ????????? Unfortunately I believe we could actually lose them ALL as they are against sides at venues we rarely do well and gain many points.
He won't have the state of the RP pitch to blame either.........It will probably be the Football Leagues fault and the schedule of four out of five games being away games and all the travelling we have had to do....
Oh hang on he used that one last week when we had two away games in a week.....No side in the League has ever had to play away twice in the week have they ? There must be an agenda against little old Newport County

whoareya wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Where are the Jim Henson brigade ( Statler - Spiderman & Waldorf -whoareya) ?

If only you had the self awareness to realise that your attention seeking starts threads complaining that you haven't had any flak.

Morning Waldorf......where's Statler ????

Few points.
Thought Morecambe were an average side some big lads.
Certainly seen poorer sides this season.
Pitch was atrocious, far worse for the opposition to play on.
Flynny regardless of how we played imo is now safe until the end of season.
We were average yesterday and if Gorman had not chipped the keeper, Flynny would still be getting grief after another goal less performance.
Up front we were hopeless again.
Early on Haynes sent a great curling cross for jamille who unbelievably made his connection head backwards out of the area,
Seriously somebody needs to give Flynny some training on PR as calling his critics idiots etc does him no good.
Any more news on the fracas as County Chat has come up with loads of scenarios.

Can't see anything wrong with the comments, he hasn't signalled anyone out and is entitled to respond to criticism.

Neil your unhappy when we lose and appear to be unhappy when we win. Massive ask to make the playoffs now we all know that, but last seasons great catchup started with a similar 1-0 win against Cheltenham.

Just play the next game that's all we can do and it's what we did last season, no pressure on us now because everyone has written us off.

I perfectly happy and satisfied

I just don't believe that the manager should be reacting as he has because we had a victory over a VERY BAD side after the run of form we have had since October.
Some will say he says it as he sees it , has the right to do so...that is.true but ..........
turning on the very fans who help pay his wages ???
Digging out the players one week , expecting them to save his job for the rest of the season ?????

IMO that's not the signs of a good manager ,just the opposite...
..The problem as I see it is that 'our Gav ' has already told him he is safe for the rest of the season and probably the start of next season and he thinks he is untouchable and is doing and saying what he wants knowing there won't be any comebacks off the BOD because they are of the same thoughts ( could be one or two of them posting on here under pseudonym's) that because of what he has done in the past they back him unconditionally.
Our form is dreadful , the football is poor , we will lose a lot more games than we win for the remainder of the season but everything is OK because we beat a poor Morecambe side.
By the way..yesterday was the second sub 3000 crowd in a row ( County fans) so we are now losing money as we are 1500 ?? below the seasons average and also under the budgeted crowd..

neilcork68 wrote:I perfectly happy and satisfied

I just don't believe that the manager should be reacting as he has because we had a victory over a VERY BAD side after the run of form we have had since October.
Some will say he says it as he sees it , has the right to do so...that is.true but ..........
Digging out the players one week , expecting them to save his job for the rest of the season ?????

..The problem as I see it is that 'our Gav ' has already told him he is safe for the rest of the season and probably the start of next season and he thinks he is untouchable and is doing and saying what he wants knowing there won't be any comebacks off the BOD because they are of the same thoughts ( could be one or two of them posting on here under pseudonym's) that because of what he has done in the past they back him unconditionally.
Our form is dreadful , the football is poor , we will lose a lot more games than we win for the remainder of the season but everything is OK because we beat a poor Morecambe side.
By the way..yesterday was the second sub 3000 crowd in a row ( County fans) so we are now losing money as we are 1500 ?? below the seasons average and also under the budgeted crowd..
Few points

Morecambe were average not a VERY BAD SIDE.

Crowd was down due to Corona panic and Wales on TV.

3000 against Morecambe with the above 2 reasons was more than I expected.

No Lennie either?
Bench was very quiet yesterday also.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on March 8th, 2020, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

supporter wrote:Can't see anything wrong with the comments, he hasn't signalled anyone out and is entitled to respond to criticism.

Neil your unhappy when we lose and appear to be unhappy when we win. Massive ask to make the playoffs now we all know that, but last seasons great catchup started with a similar 1-0 win against Cheltenham.

Just play the next game that's all we can do and it's what we did last season, no pressure on us now because everyone has written us off.

As I have posted....I would love to be eating humble pie and apologising to him on here after the next 5 games after we have picked up at least 9 points...I just can't see it...can anyone ????
I hope we will but being a realist 4 will be a big ask.........None is a very possible outcome..

Will he still be doing a great job then , even by the Amber Tintted specs gangs standards of being happy after beating a Poor side ??? ??????

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I perfectly happy and satisfied

Few points

Morecambe were average not a VERY BAD SIDE.

Crowd was down due to Corona panic and Wales on TV.

3000 against Morecambe with the above 2 reasons was more than I expected.

No Lennie either?
Bench was very quiet yesterday also.

Wales kicked off AFTER we finished give or take a few minutes
Corona Virus ? 2 cases in Wales
Below 3000...I wonder how many sides in the football league were a third down on their average crowd because of the reasons you post ??
What was the excuse for the last home game when it was down too other than form and entertainment ??
Average side ?? They are 21st in the league .IMO it was a game between an Average side v a Very poor side..my opinion,or am I not allowed one because its not the same as yours ??

Couple of points.

LL was there yesterday just stayed in the dugout, I saw MF screaming instructions a few times so hardly a quiet bench actually again very similar to the Cheltenham game last season where the result was everything.

Neil Morecambe drew with Crewe last week who are top, they will always be a tough side to beat regardless of their league position as their previous record against us demonstrates

Any casual observer of happenings at Newport County who get their information from this board, plus those distant fans that can't make it to games, would get the impression that it's pretty toxic with half the crowd baying for Flynn's head. However, at matches that atmosphere isn't apparent. Admittedly I have cut back on away travels this season where the results have been poorer. Yesterday, and at recent home games, there is certainly a majority supporting the teams effort. There will always be the few who can see nothing positive from certain individual players. Abusing them doesn't help the situation but football crowds have a smattering of verbally abusive individuals. I'd say that the split on this board is maybe 50/50 but in the ground, more like 90/10 (probably better than that).