Re: Two points from Saturday.

BertieB wrote:Why is it, that the Dragons always have an evening kick off on a Friday prior to the County's afternoon kick-off on a Saturday, and even when it is raining heavily?? the Dragons still play on it, ------------It seems that it is done purely to prove that though according to the FA the football team must have precedence to the pitch OR IS IT THE WRU's way of saying that THERE IS NO CHANCE OF GIVING NEWPORT COUNTY priority in our Stadium ??? Do the Welsh FA even bother or care??
Come on the Port...…….........Bob Bassett

STOP SHOUTING BERTIE!!!

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I thought we voted the directors onto the board to act in our interest?
Indeed.

And, save a dozen or so dissenting posters on here and the total lack of interest at the regular public meetings, it would appear that the vast majority of the support base also sees it that way.
Got that wrong.

Its a pointless exercise going along to the meetings as anything is basically ignored once the meeting is over.
Some of the directors were not even voted in as they had no competition so its done and dusted what they feel like doing.
Shaun assured me that they were at fault with a lack of openness and things would change.
Elections took place Rob Sant and Ryan plus Kevin and a few others got elected.

Rob resigns as the majority on the board refused to be more open.

My request regarding the water fiasco again despite promises ignored.

Nothing will ever change. You have to be a certain type to be on the board.

Regulars like Rob and probably most on here wouldn't last a few weeks as its all done and dusted.

Its a closed shop really once you are in.
Hospitality as well. Marvellous
I disagree.

If the majority of the fan base were unhappy with the situation they have had the perfect opportunity to make it known at the meetings and keep making it known till it changes, and make it known at every game if necessary and also canvas opinion and garner support to stand for Trust election. That some were reelected unopposed tells you something doesn't it?
I've been to two meetings since the Trust board was formed and the atmosphere was muted, certainly no sign of an uprising.

Regarding hospitality- you're partial to a bit of it from the egg side - did you pay for it?
Totally over the top.

Where did mutiny come from.

The fan base put up with it.

Its what it is

Some tidy people have given up over the years.

Muted is probably the correct term, total waste of an evening.

Every question gets ignored regardless.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:When Rob resigned he was also very clear that Gavin and the Board were working very hard for the club and that he only resigned as he couldn’t give us what he promised.
100% correct.

What he couldn't give us was what he promised.

Open ness
ps others promised it but renaged.

Not a case of others reneging. He couldn’t give us openness because part of the problem was business sensitive issues he simply wasn’t allowed to discuss with us, so he couldn’t do what he had hoped to do.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:When Rob resigned he was also very clear that Gavin and the Board were working very hard for the club and that he only resigned as he couldn’t give us what he promised.
100% correct.

Open ness

Not a case of others reneging. He couldn’t give us openness because part of the problem was business sensitive issues he simply wasn’t allowed to discuss with us, so he couldn’t do what he had hoped to do.
Sorry but you are wrong.
Just 1 example Shaun personally promised myself more openness but it never happened.
Unless you spoke to Rob personally on the day he resigned like I did I will stick with what I have written.
It wasn't about business sensitive issues which everybody appreciates cannot be broadcast, but just keeping the membership up to date on everything.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
100% correct.

Open ness

Sorry but you are wrong.
Just 1 example Shaun personally promised myself more openness but it never happened.
Unless you spoke to Rob personally on the day he resigned like I did I will stick with what I have written.
It wasn't about business sensitive issues which everybody appreciates cannot be broadcast, but just keeping the membership up to date on everything.

I spoke quite a few times with Rob around the time so I know what he told me...

BertieB wrote:Why is it, that the Dragons always have an evening kick off on a Friday prior to the County's afternoon kick-off on a Saturday, and even when it is raining heavily?? the Dragons still play on it, ------------It seems that it is done purely to prove that though according to the FA the football team must have precedence to the pitch OR IS IT THE WRU's way of saying that THERE IS NO CHANCE OF GIVING NEWPORT COUNTY priority in our Stadium ??? Do the Welsh FA even bother or care??
Come on the Port...…….........Bob Bassett
Whatever the reason Bob, it's their pitch.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I thought we voted the directors onto the board to act in our interest?
Indeed.

And, save a dozen or so dissenting posters on here and the total lack of interest at the regular public meetings, it would appear that the vast majority of the support base also sees it that way.
Got that wrong.

Its a pointless exercise going along to the meetings as anything is basically ignored once the meeting is over.
Some of the directors were not even voted in as they had no competition so its done and dusted what they feel like doing.
Shaun assured me that they were at fault with a lack of openness and things would change.
Elections took place Rob Sant and Ryan plus Kevin and a few others got elected.

Rob resigns as the majority on the board refused to be more open.

My request regarding the water fiasco again despite promises ignored.

Nothing will ever change. You have to be a certain type to be on the board.

Regulars like Rob and probably most on here wouldn't last a few weeks as its all done and dusted.

Its a closed shop really once you are in.
Hospitality as well. Marvellous
I disagree.

If the majority of the fan base were unhappy with the situation they have had the perfect opportunity to make it known at the meetings and keep making it known till it changes, and make it known at every game if necessary and also canvas opinion and garner support to stand for Trust election. That some were reelected unopposed tells you something doesn't it?
I've been to two meetings since the Trust board was formed and the atmosphere was muted, certainly no sign of an uprising.

Regarding hospitality- you're partial to a bit of it from the egg side - did you pay for it?
Totally over the top.

Where did mutiny come from.

The fan base put up with it.

Its what it is

Some tidy people have given up over the years.

Muted is probably the correct term, total waste of an evening.

Every question gets ignored regardless.
Frank - 'its what it is, the fan base put up with it' is an explanation, but it's not an excuse.......
For all I disagree with Stan, especially about the regime, he acknowledges that people power and concerted effort is needed to affect change.

It's just not there.