Calling out Players

Enjoyed listening to Sven tonight talking about only criticising players in private , something I agree with by the way. Mourinho on the other hand hung his out to dry in public.

Two successful managers yet two different approaches, it’ll be interesting to see how Ndombele reacts.

Re: Calling out Players

Listening to a few radio programmes this week on this very subject and almost every ex professional who was asked were of the same view.
10/ 15 years ago managers may have got away with it because players would want to go out and prove the manager wrong in the next game.A few even came to blows with their manager because they were 'dug out' in public.

They as a man all said that today's players would be very unhappy about it and would go through the motions and look like they were playing / training but would sit on their contracts waiting for the manager to be replaced as in most cases lose badly for 10/15 games and managers usually lose their jobs.
Clubs tend to sack managers a lot quicker than in days gone by but trying to get rid of several players is nigh on impossible.

Posters may say they cant see anything wrong with MF ' digging out the players' but its twice so far this season he has done it. Have we improved because of him doing so ????

Re: Calling out Players

Spiderman wrote:Enjoyed listening to Sven tonight talking about only criticising players in private , something I agree with by the way. Mourinho on the other hand hung his out to dry in public.

Two successful managers yet two different approaches, it’ll be interesting to see how Ndombele reacts.

Spurs lose again tonight so that's Europe gone for them.
I can't see them making top 4 either so..........

I bet Ndombele lasts longer at Spurs than Mourinho............He will either be sacked for failing or quit blaming the BOD because the didn't back him.....It won't be his fault though , it never is with him.....