Re: Exiles Grandstand Carlisle away

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:When is O’Brien back from injury? I have a feeling our fortunes will change on his return to the team.
Why?

The problem is at the other end of the pitch.

Last night Carlisle struggled in the second half against our defence.
Thank goodness they were poor loosing last Saturday 3-0 at home.
We defended by booting the ball back into Carlisles half.
Its woeful but kept them out.
2 passes last night was the rarity and its like watching kids all chasing the ball rather than spread out.
Amond out mucking about on the wing again.
No wonder he got hauled off but Matt was just as bad.
I could be at Boundary Park now still watching and we wouldn't have scored.
Situation imo is getting hopeless now.

Frank makes a good point. I watched the game on iFollow and the thing that struck me most was our inability to make a successful pass to another player. Any semblance of attack quickly broke down as Carlisle regained possession. This lumping it up to Jamma or Podge just isn't working. I would have thought it to be a basic thing to cover in training. And to me Tom didn't seem himself either.
Last edited by papajohn on March 11th, 2020, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:When is O’Brien back from injury? I have a feeling our fortunes will change on his return to the team.
Why?

The problem is at the other end of the pitch.

Last night Carlisle struggled in the second half against our defence.
Thank goodness they were poor loosing last Saturday 3-0 at home.
We defended by booting the ball back into Carlisles half.
Its woeful but kept them out.
2 passes last night was the rarity and its like watching kids all chasing the ball rather than spread out.
Amond out mucking about on the wing again.
No wonder he got hauled off but Matt was just as bad.
I could be at Boundary Park now still watching and we wouldn't have scored.
Situation imo is getting hopeless now.

Have I not been advocating this fact for weeks ?

Up until recently the defence have been stopping us being on the end of a few more more heavy defeats. Its the midfield and up front where we have no tactics or ideas and that's down to the manager/ coaching team .
The new players have come in , have they improved us ????
Khan had a decent game the last time he played, had to miss the Mansfield and cup games and has been collecting splinters in his arse ever since. Why is this ??? i have no idea of his wages but i bet he isn't cheap so that's money being wasted...
Saturdays win against a very poor side on our pathetic pitch papered over the cracks for a few hours of how bad we have become. Next match we returned to normal.
All players have periods where they go off form...We have a whole squad...

Who honestly has the confidence that we will get a result against the worst team in the League on Saturday ??
There's only one reason for that. The man who' digs out his players' and the' fans' that pay his wages

Frank makes a good point. I watched the game on iFollow and the thing that struck me most was our inability to make a successful pass to another player. Any semblance of attack quickly broke down as Carlisle regained possession. This lumping it up to Jamma or Podge just isn't working. I would have thought it to be a basic thing to cover in training. And to me Tom didn't seem himself either.

papajohn wrote:Frank makes a good point. I watched the game on iFollow and the thing that struck me most was our inability to make a successful pass to another player. Any semblance of attack quickly broke down as Carlisle regained possession. This lumping it up to Jamma or Podge just isn't working. I would have thought it to be a basic thing to cover in training. And to me Tom didn't seem himself either.

Lets try Willmott and Green up front Saturday...

Oh hang on we will still try to lump it forward to them :lol:

MF has blamed the RP pitch for the style of football we play...That pitch last night didnt look to bad to me but we still used the same tactics ????

Green cant beat a man can't cross a ball just runs into trouble nearly every time I was so hopeful when we signed him I'd rather see willmot play in his right position going forward and crossing or beating a man I think our problem this year our strikers are just getting balls hoofed straight up the middle we were playing with a lot more width last year

dai1960 wrote:Green cant beat a man can't cross a ball just runs into trouble nearly every time I was so hopeful when we signed him I'd rather see willmot play in his right position going forward and crossing or beating a man I think our problem this year our strikers are just getting balls hoofed straight up the middle we were playing with a lot more width last year

Spot on. No idea what folk see in Green. Runs into dead ends and rarely gets a cross or shot off.

Wilmott far more effective.

sblair1979 wrote:
dai1960 wrote:Green cant beat a man can't cross a ball just runs into trouble nearly every time I was so hopeful when we signed him I'd rather see willmot play in his right position going forward and crossing or beating a man I think our problem this year our strikers are just getting balls hoofed straight up the middle we were playing with a lot more width last year

Spot on. No idea what folk see in Green. Runs into dead ends and rarely gets a cross or shot off.

Wilmott far more effective.
Agree.