Re: Who's signed on for next season ?

neilcork68 wrote:Aren't you depressed enough after yet another loss???

I believe the vast majority of the contracted players are plus three or four who have been sent out on loan.
MF gave most of them he signed two year deals when we were throwing them around like confetti last summer
I expected it Neil !! Just want the reality now of who we're stuck with.

The players are letting their manager down , letting the club down , letting themselves down and worst of all letting us down..

Unfortunately the worst signing we have signed up for next season is Michael Flynn

We weren't playing well but scrapping out 1 - 0 wins and were sitting comfortably in the league.
Michael Flynn goes for the Lincoln job , as far as I know , got it but he had to turn it down because Mrs F didn't fancy uprooting the family and moving to that side of the country...
He told the BOD of this and they rewarded him with a pay rise and a contract extension for staying with us.
Since then our form , performances and results have been relegation form where we have 5 wins in 30+ games.

I have NO agenda , nothing against the man .In fact he deserves praise for what he DID for the club last season and the previous one.

The problem I have is his management of the club NOW...The results show no signs of improving , the football is dire and as every game that goes by I can't see why we should want to continue with him in charge.
The BOD gave him more funds in January to bolster his failing squad. He brings in players and hardly plays them. The ones he does , have they improved us ?
At the end of the day the responsibility lies with him as this is his team that is not performing.

Since being our manager he has brought 20 + players . You can count on one hand those who have improved us...I can't see how posters /fans want to give him more time , another chance to build a squad for next season when he has hardly set the world alight with his signings so far...
He is showing too much faith in players who aren't performing...By the reports in the Argue , when he said he had 12 games to save his job he either is arrogant enough to believe he won't be sacked or been told by the BOD he won't be so why doesn't he try something else than the players / tactics that aren't working . What has he got to lose ???
Last edited by neilcork68 on March 10th, 2020, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You will have to lump on to get a decent return as we will be one of favourites to go down.
We have gone from being one of the better teams in the league with one of the smallest budgets, to one of the the worst with a much bigger budget. The football if you can call it that is awful and we are clowns because we expect more.
Reality check needed he is taking us down. With the best will in the world it is not going to change he is clueless. I don't care who he blames the buck stops with him. His team selections are baffling so are his formations and tactics. What's worse even though they don't work he persists with them. We know we're not Real Madrid but we can see we're rank pity he can't see it.

neilcork68 wrote:The players are letting their manager down , letting the club down , letting themselves down and worst of all letting us down..

Unfortunately the worst signing we have signed up for next season is Michael Flynn

We weren't playing well but scrapping out 1 - 0 wins and were sitting comfortably in the league.
Michael Flynn goes for the Lincoln job , as far as I know , got it but he had to turn it down because Mrs F didn't fancy uprooting the family and moving to that side of the country...
He told the BOD of this and they rewarded him with a pay rise and a contract extension for staying with us.
Since then our form , performances and results have been relegation form where we have 5 wins in 30+ games.

I have NO agenda , nothing against the man .In fact he deserves praise for what he DID for the club last season and the previous one.

The problem I have is his management of the club NOW...The results show no signs of improving , the football is dire and as every game that goes by I can't see why we should want to continue with him in charge.
The BOD gave him more funds in January to bolster his failing squad. He brings in players and hardly plays them. The ones he does , have they improved us ?
At the end of the day the responsibility lies with him as this is his team that is not performing.

Since being our manager he has brought 20 + players . You can count on one hand those who have improved us...I can't see how posters /fans want to give him more time , another chance to build a squad for next season when he has hardly set the world alight with his signings so far...
He is showing too much faith in players who aren't performing...By the reports in the Argue , when he said he had 12 games to save his job he either is arrogant enough to believe he won't be sacked or been told by the BOD he won't be so why doesn't he try something else than the players / tactics that aren't working . What has he got to lose ???
With respect to the twelve games he later said that was just a heat of the moment reaction.

My belief, and I could be wrong, is that there is no break clause in the contract and that we simply can't afford to sack him. After all when he signed the new contract it would only have been a circumspect board of directors who would have had the foresight to have envisaged such a catastrophic loss of form. And the negotiation skills of Newport County have never engendered much confidence.

31 points from 29 games is relegation form. This is not a blip. I can't comment on performance, probably just as well. But in a results based business Flynn is simply no longer cutting the mustard. Although looking at our retained list for next season, I fear that regardless of who the manager is we have very real problems.

Percy plunkett wrote:King
Leadbitter
Marvel
Azeez
Haynes
Howkins *
OB
MD *
Josh *
Joss
Baker *
Willmott
Podge
Abrahams
Dolan
Seriously how does Flynny move all these listed apart from imo those with an Asterix *

Also he can get rid of Matt but I think Townsend should get a contract as he would walk in the side currently.

Got to be down to Flynny.

Plus Polleon.

Think its now proven that one tidy game proves nothing.

Gorman/Khan and Waters were loaned out because they were not league 2 standard.

After last night case proven likewise Maloney earlier.

Nurse and Mc Namarra did well in the correct positions but again continually crocked.

Truly woeful performances from all this season with the odd good performance here and there.
On current form we would be relegation fodder.

Sounds like regardless even getting relegated next season with this lot Flynny would stay as long as GF runs the show.

ps Green shows a bit of potential but again doubt if he will ever make being a regular league player.

]King
Leadbitter
Marvel
Azeez
Haynes
Howkins
OB
MD
Josh
Joss
Baker
Willmott
Podge
Abrahams
Dolan

IMO

Get rid of Flynn

Keep ......
Demetriou
O'Brien
Howkins
Sheehan
Baker
Amond( as player coach or academy player manager) IMO he hasn't become a bad player overnight its the tactics / job MF is making him play

and

Willmott. ( you all didn't expect that did you ?????) - only if he is played in his correct and only position...

The rest need to be shown the door IF we can get rid ?????