Re: clowngate

supporter wrote:I think it's directed at the small minority of fans who no matter what will give views that even I think you don't know what you're talking about you clowns.

I love football played in a great youth side Pill Ym in the mid to late 70's, we had Welsh schools internationals and Andy Dibble in goals.

Apart from Dibble nobody else had a career in pro football.

I wasn't good enough and can give a very broad view but there is so much I just don't know. I accept that and know my limits but the clowns think they're experts when in fact they're anything but.
This is a football message board.

For f@cks sake get over yourself.

Terry Butcher played and captained his country at the highest level.
Whilst he was manager of our club he was in most fans views a failure.
His tactics , signings , off the field rumours of bullying etc were shocking . Would you agree ?

Just because you play the game at the professional level doesn't automatically mean you know the game , will be a good manager ( T Butcher , B Robson to name two).Wenger and Mourinho never played at pro level.....do they know nothing about football ?
I have played , coached and watched football for over 50 years and feel as though IMO I have a good knowledge of the game even though through 100% my fault of liking women and booze I probably stopped myself playing at a much higher level.
MF has earned his praise for what he has done. Now times are hard and he is found wanting he has started lasing out at the very people who question him about his tactics , results etc.
I find it disgusting and unprofessional that he is coming out in the press and criticising the people who pay his wages by calling them clowns and IMO the BOD should be questioning him about it.
He is either stupid or extremely arrogant if he thinks he can.

You've lost me Stan.

I'm just saying I give a view but in reality even though I was a decent local footballer my knowledge is limited by comparison to the people in the game and that's a fair and honest assessment.

However the clowns think they know it all, when in fact they don't and in all honesty seem a bit precious.

I think your the one who needs to get over himself.

Neil,Butcher and Robson had earlier successes. Mourinho was I think decent at a good non league level but became a student of the game at a very early age and learnt from Bobby Robson. I'll also add Villas Boas to the list.

The difference between Wenger, Mourhino, Villas Boas and Newports James Rowberry is they realised that they weren't good enough to make it at the highest level so studied to the highest level.

Comparing those names to the clowns MF is referring to is laughable.

You can have as much knowledge as you can get. Unless you know how to implement it to others its worthless.
To be a manager now you have to get all the required coaching badges for the levels you coach at.......You can have them all.There is no guarantee you will be any good at the job or know more than those who don't have them.
A new driver comes onto the roads and are supposed to be Good drivers because they have recently passed their test to the required standard. Someone like me who passed their test 33 years ago and has picked up bad habits , probably forgotten the 'proper way to drive' ( don't cross your hands , look behind before pulling off- your mirrors not enough etc). I am a professional driver....Just because they are newly trained , does that mean they are a better driver..knowledge or experience ???
I have been coached by good coaches, played , coached and watched football for 45 years plus. Just because I haven't played at the top , studied football does that mean MF knows the game better than me. ?
As one who has criticised him , his tactics etc I assume I am one of the fans he is probably referring to as 'clowns'?

As for someone like Butcher , he was OK at Inverness ( National League,North or South level IMO) when he came to us , made the step up he failed.
MF did great with Westley and Feeney's signings to save us , how many of HIS signings have improved us ????
He is now being found out as not a good enough coach/ manager

I mentioned Mouriho and Wenger because they hadn't played at a high level but were v good managers

neilcork68 wrote:You can have as much knowledge as you can get. Unless you know how to implement it to others its worthless.
To be a manager now you have to get all the required coaching badges for the levels you coach at.......You can have them all.There is no guarantee you will be any good at the job or know more than those who don't have them.
A new driver comes onto the roads and are supposed to be Good drivers because they have recently passed their test to the required standard. Someone like me who passed their test 33 years ago and has picked up bad habits , probably forgotten the 'proper way to drive' ( don't cross your hands , look behind before pulling off- your mirrors not enough etc). I am a professional driver....Just because they are newly trained , does that mean they are a better driver..knowledge or experience ???
I have been coached by good coaches, played , coached and watched football for 45 years plus. Just because I haven't played at the top , studied football does that mean MF knows the game better than me. ?
As one who has criticised him , his tactics etc I assume I am one of the fans he is probably referring to as 'clowns'?

As for someone like Butcher , he was OK at Inverness ( National League,North or South level IMO) when he came to us , made the step up he failed.
MF did great with Westley and Feeney's signings to save us , how many of HIS signings have improved us ????

I mentioned Mouriho and Wenger because they hadn't played at a high level but were v good managers

Why are you and Harps constantly banging on about Flynny saying people who question his tactics etc are clowns ? He didn’t say that, he said those that said he’d ‘lost the dressing room’ are clowns.

Exile 1976 wrote: Why are you and Harps constantly banging on about Flynny saying people who question his tactics etc are clowns ? He didn’t say that, he said those that said he’d ‘lost the dressing room’ are clowns.
It's all about having a agenda to air and not really grasping/understanding the current situation.

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote: Why are you and Harps constantly banging on about Flynny saying people who question his tactics etc are clowns ? He didn’t say that, he said those that said he’d ‘lost the dressing room’ are clowns.
It's all about having a agenda to air and not really grasping/understanding the current situation.
Come off it Will.
Don't try to be little contributors.
Its a football forum.
I think its time for a change.
You did but for whatever reason you changed your mind.
You are the moderator so let people express their opinions.
No agenda here okay.
"grasping the current situation"

Its awful currently.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:You can have as much knowledge as you can get. Unless you know how to implement it to others its worthless.

Why are you and Harps constantly banging on about Flynny saying people who question his tactics etc are clowns ? He didn’t say that, he said those that said he’d ‘lost the dressing room’ are clowns.

Exile

I am more gobsmacked that he allowed the Argus to state he had no idea of the reason for our woeful away record.
for goodness sake he is even trying to blame it on travel arrangements.
Its not just me and Corky going on about it but we are easy targets.
Read County Chat and this Ironsiders thread this morning.
Like I said if the manager doesn't know why we are crap, we have no chance have we.

Willthiswork wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: Just because I haven't played at the top , studied football does that mean MF knows the game better than me. ?
Probably - but in any case I would say he knows HIS squad better than you.
Sure he does.
The problem is in the majority they are not up to it.
Dismal contract and loan signings outweigh the opposite.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Exile

I am more gobsmacked that he allowed the Argus to state he had no idea of the reason for our woeful away record.
for goodness sake he is even trying to blame it on travel arrangements.
Its not just me and Corky going on about it but we are easy targets.
Read County Chat and this Ironsiders thread this morning.
Like I said if the manager doesn't know why we are crap, we have no chance have we.

I read mostly you and Neil slating MF for calling fans that criticise his tactics etc as clowns, nothing to do with being ‘easy targets’ but this was not what he called some people clowns for ... and I certainly have no problem with fellow fans being critical of his tactics and the players he plays.
I too thought it was bizarre and really stupid thing to say about having no idea why we are crap away from home.