Re: clowngate

It is fairly normal to be critical of the manager under the current circumstances.
The performances are dire and tactically / transfer market were are in a mess.
—- I think MF has at times shown he is capable —- but now he needs help . Where is Lennie in all this . ??
The Board are of no use at times like this —-they appear to give MF a lot of what he asks for, but his lack of experience is starting to show through.
His “ transfer market “ deals are nothing short of horrible and the Board must stop him from making single handed decisions, and then find someone who can give him help .
Some managers have to meet the Board every Monday to report on the weekends performance and have a plan in place to correct the issues . Not sure our Board are also experienced enough to help .
So , there is a future for MF , but he needs a really strong boss ( some call it Director of Football ) who controls the major issues of the club and provides lots of help and advice to both the manager and also the Board . Lennie is obviously not that man .
Not sure who is —-but we need one fast .
MF needs a lot of help . We can move forward but many management issues must be addressed .

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:You can have as much knowledge as you can get. Unless you know how to implement it to others its worthless.
To be a manager now you have to get all the required coaching badges for the levels you coach at.......You can have them all.There is no guarantee you will be any good at the job or know more than those who don't have them.
A new driver comes onto the roads and are supposed to be Good drivers because they have recently passed their test to the required standard. Someone like me who passed their test 33 years ago and has picked up bad habits , probably forgotten the 'proper way to drive' ( don't cross your hands , look behind before pulling off- your mirrors not enough etc). I am a professional driver....Just because they are newly trained , does that mean they are a better driver..knowledge or experience ???
I have been coached by good coaches, played , coached and watched football for 45 years plus. Just because I haven't played at the top , studied football does that mean MF knows the game better than me. ?
As one who has criticised him , his tactics etc I assume I am one of the fans he is probably referring to as 'clowns'?

As for someone like Butcher , he was OK at Inverness ( National League,North or South level IMO) when he came to us , made the step up he failed.
MF did great with Westley and Feeney's signings to save us , how many of HIS signings have improved us ????
He is now being found out as not a good enough coach/ manager

I mentioned Mouriho and Wenger because they hadn't played at a high level but were v good managers

Why are you and Harps constantly banging on about Flynny saying people who question his tactics etc are clowns ? He didn’t say that, he said those that said he’d ‘lost the dressing room’ are clowns.

Exile

I am more gobsmacked that he allowed the Argus to state he had no idea of the reason for our woeful away record.
for goodness sake he is even trying to blame it on travel arrangements.
Its not just me and Corky going on about it but we are easy targets.
Read County Chat and this Ironsiders thread this morning.
Like I said if the manager doesn't know why we are crap, we have no chance have we.

I read mostly you and Neil slating MF for calling fans that criticise his tactics etc as clowns, nothing to do with being ‘easy targets’ but this was not what he called some people clowns for ... and I certainly have no problem with fellow fans being critical of his tactics and the players he plays.
I too thought it was bizarre and really stupid thing to say about having no idea why we are crap away from home.
Cheers

Pirates wrote:It is fairly normal to be critical of the manager under the current circumstances.
—- I think MF has at times shown he is capable —- but now he needs help . Where is Lennie in all this . ??
The Board are of no use at times like this —-they appear to give MF a lot of what he asks for, but his lack of experience is starting to show through.
His “ transfer market “ deals are nothing short of horrible and the Board must stop him from making single handed decisions, and then find someone who can give him help .
Some managers have to meet the Board every Monday to report on the weekends performance and have a plan in place to correct the issues . Not sure our Board are also experienced enough to help .
So , there is a future for MF , but he needs a really strong boss ( some call it Director of Football ) who controls the major issues of the club and provides lots of help and advice to both the manager and also the Board . Lennie is obviously not that man .
MF needs a lot of help . We can move forward but many management issues must be addressed .
Simply a very good post well said.

Pirates wrote:It is fairly normal to be critical of the manager under the current circumstances.
I think you speak a lot sense here. The Board not having experience is not the issue in itself how many boards have football experience. What is needed is for the manager to held to account and explain both good and bad at all times and rationale for decisions. This rationale can then be revisited if things go wrong - sadly this does include some signings.

Lennie was brought in for his experience to keep us up,it worked.The next logical step was for Lennie to become a sort of Director of Football where,he wouldn't be in the dugout at games but at other games looking at future opposition and scouting for players.This obviously hasn't happened and we are now paying the price for relying on Elite Management and Flynny to sign players.Lennie should have been at L1,L2,National Premier,South,North,LOW games every week plus U23 games looking at potential loan signings.The likes of Marvel would have been avoided as we would have seen these players rather than listen to Elite and agents telling Flynny how good they are and move quickly because a host of other clubs are trying to sign him/them.

Guys, I've said it before, there are some genuine observations and complaints we can level at MF but currently (certainly this season and last) the club's poor transfer dealings/acquisitions aren't one of them.

Blame the poor signings and clear lack of scouting/research on the club and whoever entered into a contract with 'that agency'. Whether MF is complicit or benefits from any signings through Elite or not is almost irrelevant, we get so many players or loanees each year from them regardless.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Guys, I've said it before, there are some genuine observations and complaints we can level at MF but currently (certainly this season and last) the club's poor transfer dealings/acquisitions aren't one of them.

Blame the poor signings and clear lack of scouting/research on the club and whoever entered into a contract with 'that agency'. Whether MF is complicit or benefits from any signings through Elite or not is almost irrelevant, we get so many players or loanees each year from them regardless.
Well there you go then.
Interesting so Flynny has no input in who the club sign up.
Its basically here you go these are your players Flynny so see what you can do with them.
Sorry but this is just a plain daft statement.
Got to smile that you really think Flynny is not responsible for all the signings made in the last 2 seasons.

Possibly MF gets his choice of which players that agency have on their books and whose clubs have agreed to release or loan them. How else do you expect the so-called contract to work in practice?

But I agree, it is daft. As a club we're already working with one hand tied behind its back with the poor pitch situation, then throw into the mix a restrictive contract which - evidence shows - we end up signing an amount of crocks or out of form players, and this doesn't help things either.

As a fans-owned club we ought to demand answers around exactly what the contract with Elite entailed and whether anyone on the board or club management team ever benefitted financially from that arrangement.

If you read that which the Argus reports Flynn to have said it is not the use of the word 'clowns' which though unfortunate is hardly offensive, but rather the use of non footballing people not understanding. In terms and an argument picked up by some on here that if you are not a professional or ex professional footballer you are not in a position to make comment.

And here's the thing. I am not a weatherman but I am pretty certain that the water I can hear right now rapping on my windows is called rain. I am not a doctor but I am pretty sure that it's a good idea to wash my hands before I eat. I am not a trained chef but I can boil an egg. I have never played professional football but I know that averaging one point a game over thirty matches is not good enough.

And I am not a psychologist but when the manager of a football team who are losing badly week in week out says he has no idea but nonetheless blames the players, supporters, referees, the pitch and just about anything else which comes to mind, I'm pretty sure that manager has lost the plot.

I cannot believe there is anyone at this club who makes a decision on transfer dealings other than MF. The only thing the Board will be involved in is sanctioning the cash.
As the window draws to a close —-twice per season —- you read that he has spent “hours and hours “ on the phone trying to secure a deal .
Who else , that we know of , is capable of going to another club and signing either permanent or loan players .
To even suggest the current manager is “ given a load of players “ during the transfer window and told to make the best of them is in my opinion utter B S .
There is no doubt that “ loan “ signings play a very important part in the success of League 2 clubs and ours have generally been nothing short of terrible not to mention the panic permanent signings just before the window closes.
This is why the manager needs help and guidance during the summer —-unloading and reloading of players is not something that he can do on his own .

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:

As a fans-owned club we ought to demand answers around exactly what the contract with Elite entailed and whether anyone on the board or club management team ever benefitted financially from that arrangement.
Amen to that.
Be careful asking that question - as you are likely to be deemed a troublemaker (but not a clown).

Pirates wrote:I cannot believe there is anyone at this club who makes a decision on transfer dealings other than MF. The only thing the Board will be involved in is sanctioning the cash.
As the window draws to a close —-twice per season —- you read that he has spent “hours and hours “ on the phone trying to secure a deal .
Who else , that we know of , is capable of going to another club and signing either permanent or loan players .
To even suggest the current manager is “ given a load of players “ during the transfer window and told to make the best of them is in my opinion utter B S .
There is no doubt that “ loan “ signings play a very important part in the success of League 2 clubs and ours have generally been nothing short of terrible not to mention the panic permanent signings just before the window closes.
This is why the manager needs help and guidance during the summer —-unloading and reloading of players is not something that He can do on his own .
Second time now but like your previous post spot on again.
You need to post more as its 100% accurate imo.
Cheers

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
And here's the thing. I am not a weatherman but I am pretty certain that the water I can hear right now rapping on my windows is called rain. I am not a doctor but I am pretty sure that it's a good idea to wash my hands before I eat. I am not a trained chef but I can boil an egg. I have never played professional football but I know that averaging one point a game over thirty matches is not good enough.
I've watched Judge Rinder but I reckon I could have a go as a Barrister...

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I've watched Judge Rinder but I reckon I could have a go as a Barrister...
Actually you probably could. In the time of Legal Aid cuts an awful lot of people had to self represent in court. Many of whom were very competent.

This idea that to be able to comment sensibly on law you need to be legally qualified is as ludicrous as that unless you have played professional football you are unable to comment sensibly on it. I accept that those who have played at the highest level have an insight which I lack, but then again having watched football since the mid 1960's I sometimes may see things that people 30 years younger might miss.