Re: Flynny and the Argus

NEWPORT County AFC manager Michael Flynn would not want to see matches played behind closed doors as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

Sports bodies met with government ministers on Monday at a meeting chaired by the department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to discuss contingency plans in relation to Covid-19.

Playing matches without fans present at stadiums is one possible plan, while postponing fixtures and delaying the end of the season is another option.

“I wouldn’t want to play behind closed doors,” said Flynn after Tuesday's 2-0 defeat at Carlisle United.

“It’s an entertainment game and we all enjoy the atmosphere created by the supporters – home and away.

His latest response in today's Argus.

''Its an ENTERTAINMENT GAME'' Does he watch a different game than us ? That dross his team has been serving up since October is far from entertaining

Dogger wrote:In fairness, Klopp is an arrogant, hypocritical buffoon.
Oh 100%
Willthiswork wrote:No, only some are clowns - it's quite clear what he said, no need for exaggeration.
Bingo.
Stan A. Einstein wrote:And to add to your Klopp point I suspect had Flynn's team just got beaten for the 6th time in all competitions all season and if County were twenty odd points clear at the top of League 2, Flynn, or anyone else for that matter, could pretty much get away with saying anything they bloody well please.
Which ties in nicely to the point its all nothingness. When things are going great, you can say what you want. When things are bad, everything you say is taken apart. I imagine the reality is somewhere in the middle. When, like you said, all dealings with the press should effectively just be "it's a game of two halves", you are essentially left with a whole heap of chip paper. Means nothing to me. Both sides need to be less sensitive.
But when your back is against the wall, having a dig at the people whose support you need is plain stupid. As I said Flynn is his own worst enemy.
Chicken or the Egg? Were people having a dig first when he needed support? Maybe its that Newport mentality to just shout at each other and ignore the real issues.

Forgetting Clown Gate far more worrying is the fact that he cannot explain our woeful away form and is at a loss.

Clutching at straws now he seems to think its down to travel arrangements.

Nothing to do with woeful tactics and a best at average squad.

Like I said before he has been found out.

Its patently obvious to any regular fan where he has gone wrong.

You cannot blame pitches as he just has one style of play.

Its called hoof ball and it clearly doesn't work.

Everybody hopefully can see and watch that but it passes Flynny and his team.

Time for a change.

Papski2 wrote:
Dogger wrote:In fairness, Klopp is an arrogant, hypocritical buffoon.
Oh 100%
Willthiswork wrote:No, only some are clowns - it's quite clear what he said, no need for exaggeration.
Bingo.
Stan A. Einstein wrote:And to add to your Klopp point I suspect had Flynn's team just got beaten for the 6th time in all competitions all season and if County were twenty odd points clear at the top of League 2, Flynn, or anyone else for that matter, could pretty much get away with saying anything they bloody well please.
Which ties in nicely to the point its all nothingness. When things are going great, you can say what you want. When things are bad, everything you say is taken apart. I imagine the reality is somewhere in the middle. When, like you said, all dealings with the press should effectively just be "it's a game of two halves", you are essentially left with a whole heap of chip paper. Means nothing to me. Both sides need to be less sensitive.
But when your back is against the wall, having a dig at the people whose support you need is plain stupid. As I said Flynn is his own worst enemy.
Chicken or the Egg? Were people having a dig first when he needed support? Maybe its that Newport mentality to just shout at each other and ignore the real issues.
Two questions, not ones with right or wrong answers.

Firstly, whilst I agree when you are winning you can say anything, don't you think that if you do you merely make enemies for when things go wrong?

Secondly, what in your opinion are the 'real issues'?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Firstly, whilst I agree when you are winning you can say anything, don't you think that if you do you merely make enemies for when things go wrong?
I do agree but in the same vein, SHOULD we win out till the end of the season, no one would care what was said. Talk is cheap.
Secondly, what in your opinion are the 'real issues'?
Short version is the overall vision and identity of Newport County.

Infrastructure, Trust Numbers and Footballing Philosophy in a nutshell.

What are we working towards as a club? If the whole board stepped down tomorrow, what would a new boards goal be? Something completely new? Continuing the work that is currently underway? Same with the sacking of MF.

I mentioned before a more presidential style election (Like Barca) where we vote for a vision of the club, rather than the current set up.