Re: Games On

We are going to London for long-standing family plans but it feels idiotic to be doing it. I'm lying awake with Dawn of the Dead images playing out in my mind. I will be relieved if the game gets postponed - but I hope they do it BEFORE I travel up to Kings Cross on the tube :)

worksop amber wrote:Just my opinion but I will be very surprised if the games go ahead this weekend or for the foreseeable future in both Premier League or EFL
Personally I don’t think any decision will be made until after Cheltenham. Imagine they make an announcement now and it is called off. A logistical nightmare for all the agencies and the 60,000 punters. I don’t think there will be any decision this weekend but I suspect that they will bow to pressure on Monday. Just my opinion.

The Premier League is another matter. Because of what has happened this morning we may get an announcement there. The efl is different.

Edit. They will be accused of hypocrisy if they allow Cheltenham to go ahead and then cancel all sporting events this weekend.

Also, we need to have a bit of consistency. No football games in Jockland but thousands of them are coming down to Cardiff tomorrow for the rugby. Monday will see it sorted imo.

It wouldn't make sense to delay a decision on football for 48 hours because of a rugby international and a race meeting. The football authorities are independent bodies and will surely make stand alone decisions. Premier League will go first and announce this morning. That makes it a very easy call for the EFL to follow their lead later today.

pembsexile wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Just my opinion but I will be very surprised if the games go ahead this weekend or for the foreseeable future in both Premier League or EFL
Personally I don’t think any decision will be made until after Cheltenham. Imagine they make an announcement now and it is called off. A logistical nightmare for all the agencies and the 60,000 punters. I don’t think there will be any decision this weekend but I suspect that they will bow to pressure on Monday. Just my opinion.

The Premier League is another matter. Because of what has happened this morning we may get an announcement there. The efl is different.

Edit. They will be accused of hypocrisy if they allow Cheltenham to go ahead and then cancel all sporting events this weekend.

Also, we need to have a bit of consistency. No football games in Jockland but thousands of them are coming down to Cardiff tomorrow for the rugby. Monday will see it sorted imo.
Morning Mike,

Lovely quote on RTE this morning re Cheltenham. Those returning to our shores from Cheltenham will be the least popular returnees from England since Michael Collins came back without the six counties.

Well it made me laugh.

pembsexile wrote:

You may well be right Mike
Cheltenham is definitely on today however I still think they will postpone all premier league games for this weekend and I expect the EFL to follow suit
We will see mate

And now all the opinions of the club performances will pale into insignificance as we, along with most of the other lower league clubs, will have to manage a substantial cash-flow issue.

Whoareya - season ticket holder and Trust contributor...........................

George Street-Bridge wrote:I bet right now people are working on a Duckworth-Lewis formula for final placings of football teams in leagues that don't complete the season.

Or here's a more radical solution - expunge the whole season and everyone starts August 2020 where they started in August 1919.
Liverpool are gonna love that one. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I bet right now people are working on a Duckworth-Lewis formula for final placings of football teams in leagues that don't complete the season.

Or here's a more radical solution - expunge the whole season and everyone starts August 2020 where they started in August 1919.
Liverpool are gonna love that one. :grin:
Not a chance :grin: .Anyway Liverpool were in the old second division in 1919 :wink: It’ll probably start again mid April.

Listen to the howls of hypocrisy because the government haven’t called off all sporting events right now.