Sky Sports

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Sky Sports

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 14th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Going to struggle with all the sports off will they have to issue refunds to subscribers
no avatar
User

Ashurstheros

Re: Sky Sports

Postby Ashurstheros » March 14th, 2020, 5:22 pm

More chance of Leeds making it to the premiership
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: Sky Sports

Postby Amberexile » March 14th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Ashurstheros wrote:More chance of Leeds making it to the premiership


Locally they are hopeful that it will be decided that the season can't be finished and promote Leeds and West Brom with no further games taking place.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Sky Sports

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » March 14th, 2020, 10:12 pm

There'll be a few bookies losing big money also. I feel for the smaller independent bookmakers but most of the larger corporations deserve to lose out.

BT Sport are excelling tonight, they're about to show a 1977 game between Spurs and Bristol Rovers. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel, so glad I extended my contract with them.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Sky Sports

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 15th, 2020, 7:24 am

Turned on sky sports news last night they had a bunch of blokes connected to football in some way washing their hands ! :shock:

Gripping stuff
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: Sky Sports

Postby George Street-Bridge » March 15th, 2020, 7:32 am

One good thing that might come out of the whole sorry business - assuming it doesn't finish us all off - is it might calm down hysteria about sport. And maybe less sport to bet on will mean less betting, with benefits for society as a whole.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Sky Sports

Postby mad norm » March 15th, 2020, 8:12 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:One good thing that might come out of the whole sorry business - assuming it doesn't finish us all off - is it might calm down hysteria about sport. And maybe less sport to bet on will mean less betting, with benefits for society as a whole.

Sound point. Agree ,100%
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Sky Sports

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 15th, 2020, 8:36 am

mad norm wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:One good thing that might come out of the whole sorry business - assuming it doesn't finish us all off - is it might calm down hysteria about sport. And maybe less sport to bet on will mean less betting, with benefits for society as a whole.

Sound point. Agree ,100%



You got to remember these companies employ thousands of people
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: Sky Sports

Postby George Street-Bridge » March 15th, 2020, 8:50 am

They do, but so does drug-dealing. Money not paid to bookies could fund useful economic activity instead.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Sky Sports

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 15th, 2020, 9:08 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:They do, but so does drug-dealing. Money not paid to bookies could fund useful economic activity instead.



Drug dealing is illegal last time i checked where as thousands of employees from betting companies pay taxes and are contributing to society

Sorry to compare to drug dealing is low
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: Sky Sports

Postby George Street-Bridge » March 15th, 2020, 9:29 am

It stokes addiction and damages families, just like drug-dealing.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Sky Sports

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 15th, 2020, 9:32 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:It stokes addiction and damages families, just like drug-dealing.



OK so does alcohol so does computer gaming so does exercise in some people just a few examples

So what do we do about them
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Sky Sports

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 15th, 2020, 10:13 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:It stokes addiction and damages families, just like drug-dealing.



OK so does alcohol so does computer gaming so does exercise in some people just a few examples

So what do we do about them


Knowing bookmakers.

less than !% population dead 3/1
1%-3% dead 2/1
3%-5% dead 9/4
5-10% dead 6/1
10-25% dead 10/1
25-99% dead 66/1
We all croak 10,000/1

And try collecting on that last bet. :grin:

On this occasion I agree with George.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Sky Sports

Postby pembsexile » March 15th, 2020, 10:38 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:It stokes addiction and damages families, just like drug-dealing.



OK so does alcohol so does computer gaming so does exercise in some people just a few examples

So what do we do about them


Knowing bookmakers.

less than !% population dead 3/1
1%-3% dead 2/1
3%-5% dead 9/4
5-10% dead 6/1
10-25% dead 10/1
25-99% dead 66/1
We all croak 10,000/1

And try collecting on that last bet. :grin:

On this occasion I agree with George.


In ever so slightly ‘poor taste’ for you Brendan but you have done your research. I know you dislike the bookies.

A day or so ago the WHO death rate was 3.54%. If you believe Trump the ‘real’ figure is closer to 1% and the WHO figures are fake news so you may have been a bit generous with your first prediction.

On a serious note, in the long term there needs to be a coordinated international effort to combat this outbreak. We are all in it together. America first will not work, he thinks it is a foreigners disease. Pratt.

Good news of the day, the international coordinated effort is starting. The UN and the Swiss authorities have got together to start it off. About time. The information is available on the WHO website.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Sky Sports

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » March 15th, 2020, 11:01 am

There have already been some real environmental benefits reported as a fall-out from covid-19. Pollution in China and Italy, for a start, has plummeted. British folk are soon to find out that the only food available will be UK grown and sourced, they won't be getting a mobile phone upgrade anytime soon (given that most phones are made in the East) and petrol and oil will soon be in short supply.

That's the worse case scenario. Better news is that we'll form a better sense of community spirit, UK tourism will increase (when the worst of the virus is waning) and as a state we'll be better prepared for when the next national or international crisis occurs (be that an environmental crisis, international war or - most likely - the next, new strain of covid-19 strikes).
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®
cron