Ex Newport County player memories

As there's no action for a while for County, among many other clubs, lets bring back some memories, good or negative, relating to the fifteen named players but ONLY relating to their time with County between  ''the day they joined County to the day they left County. So, taking the above into account, ''what stands out to you most relating to each one of these fifteen ex Newport County players during their times with County'' ?

Mark Byrne
David Pipe
Danny Crow
Tommy Tynan
Shawn McCoulsky
Christian Jolley
Ben Tozer
Conor Washington
Regan Poole
Len Pidgeley
Darren Jones
Howard Goddard
Dan Butler
Lee Minshull
Joe Day
Last edited by reebok0165 on March 14th, 2020, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ex Newport County player memories

Worked with a few over the years

Chris lliygreen Norman parcell Mike Pratt we where all postmen together

Will Foley and myself started same day together in Llanwern Will didn't last long

I worked with Andy White in Llanwern after he was transferred from Whiteheads

And another player i worked with won't mention his name but he reckoned match fixing was rife in 70s and early 80s not just at County mind

Re: Ex Newport County player memories

Mark Byrne superb goal against Blackburn in the FA Cup, Mcoulsky that towering header that beat Leeds, Tommy Tynan moved to midfield end of 79/80 still scored the goal that finally put Walsall out of reach to seal promotion followed by a brace in the first leg of the Welsh Cup final at Somerton Park, Christian Jolley the final piece of the jigsaw that pushed us over the line in the return to league football season, including man of the match performance in the 5-2 thrashing of Luton and that goal at Wembley , really thought he would set division 2 alight especially after a glorious finish on the opening day when we beat Accrington 4-1, Connor Washington some good finishes and great turn of pace but missed so many one on ones it was unbelievable, Regan Poole brilliant in the spell on loan last season with a composed penalty at Mansfield in the play off semi final, Lenny Pidgley my favourite keeper since reincarnation in 89 man of the match display at Wembley to keep Wrexham at bay until we killed them off with 2 late goals, Darren Jones a cracker of a goal top corner from 30 yards at the South End of Rodney Parade but cant remember who it was against, Howard Goddard so many special memories of his time with us played with a swagger winner against Hereford away 2 against Worcester in the replay ( that screwed up Gypsy Georges prediction ) and the 1st against West Ham in the 78/79 cup run, Dan Buttler great strike for the 4th against Wrexham last season, Minshull 2 goals at Hereford in that 3-2 win where we conceded 3 penalties, and lastly Joe Day the save in the shoot out at Mansfield which earned a 4th trip to Wembley for the mighty Port, thanks to all of them and many others like Kevin Moore Richard Walden John Aldridge Keith Oakes Dave Gwyther etc for a bucketful of great memories, and the hope that's there a lot more to come.