Re: Season End, what’s your view?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Problem with playing games behind closed doors is that each team will need medical personnel in case of injury. Impossible to justify doctors, physios etc. being pulled away from where they're needed for football.
Having a doctor is a requirement of the FL

All premier league clubs have their own doctors.

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Problem with playing games behind closed doors is that each team will need medical personnel in case of injury. Impossible to justify doctors, physios etc. being pulled away from where they're needed for football.

All premier league clubs have their own doctors.
Many of them have volunteered to help the current crisis in the NHS.

Corpaboy wrote:Apparently a lot of the negotiations about resuming the Premier League are around TV rights and payments ???

Unbelievable with everything that’s going on at the moment , but it wouldn’t surprise me .
Well, that's only right that it should be a factor. It's rather a lot of money. If it has to be repaid (or not paid out?) it will have rather a large effect on most of the premiership, as budgets will be impacted. And it will also have an impact on the few championship teams getting parachute payments.

And then it will also have an effect on the rest of the championship and L1 and L2 teams, because the source of the solidarity fund monies that come our way derives from that mega TV deal.

And the Sky TV deal for league football highlights will also likely be affected for similar reasons. Altogether, it'll make the ITV Digital collapse look an insignificant event. No/reduced handouts + Reduced/no TV money + No income = Disaster. Clubs could/will go to the wall, from top to bottom.

Edit: I'm sure Sky & BT will want to be as helpful as they can in this (not really being sarcastic) as they can probably factor in an increase in subscriptions when/if things get going behind closed doors.

DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
I know. That's what I said.
That's another reason we won't finish season

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
The point is that next season will not start in August. I can't see football starting up again this year. That being the case my view remains that this season will be played out this time next year.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
The point is that next season will not start in August. I can't see football starting up again this year. That being the case my view remains that this season will be played out this time next year.
If this lasted that long I would imagine a few clubs would have gone to the wall, many players will be out of contract and some at the lower end may have walked from the game to find other employment honestly think best scenario is to knock this year on the head and restart when it’s safe and everyone has the same chance to fulfill fixtures with a full squad