Re: Season End, what’s your view?

Putting to one side the scale of the human tragedy we face I think it does matter. It matters to those who's income depends upon it. But more than that I think organised sport in general matters in terms of morale/distraction from our current crisis. I can see how there will be support from many quarters (some with significant influence over the government) for a solution.

JonD wrote:Putting to one side the scale of the human tragedy we face I think it does matter. It matters to those who's income depends upon it. But more than that I think organised sport in general matters in terms of morale/distraction from our current crisis. I can see how there will be support from many quarters (some with significant influence over the government) for a solution.

Agree with this entirely.

I think they should give Liverpool the title, and then just decide the other 91 league places at random like the FA Cup.

If you get jumped a few leagues, then you start with a points deduction, if you get dropped a few you start with a points advantage.

Would make it interesting for the first time in a long time, and crowds would be HUUUUGE.

Newport County could finish season in 56 days - behind closed doors

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... sed-doors/

Some thought provoking stuff in there. God idea to ask players who have not been furloughed yet to take their annual leave now as it doesn't look like they will get much of a Summer break if things go the way the EFL are hoping.

I would still hope that if they do go ahead with behind closed doors games they will relax the restrictions of iFollow.

Amberexile wrote:Newport County could finish season in 56 days - behind closed doors

Some thought provoking stuff in there. God idea to ask players who have not been furloughed yet to take their annual leave now as it doesn't look like they will get much of a Summer break if things go the way the EFL are hoping.

I would still hope that if they do go ahead with behind closed doors games they will relax the restrictions of iFollow.
Oh great take annual leave when you can't leave the house :lol:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Newport County could finish season in 56 days - behind closed doors

Oh great take annual leave when you can't leave the house :lol:
Yes but their contract of employment entitles them to 5 weeks' paid holiday in each holiday year which runs to 30th June

I didn't understand that bit about asking the players to take annual leave. I've seen a few professional contracts (some years ago, needed for work I was doing at the time) and no-one ever got any annual leave.

How would that work then? Podge to MF in March, "Boss, can I have the next 2 weeks off please? I'm taking the wife and kids to Centre Parks".

Yes, they can get compassionate or emergency leave, if a family member is I'll, and most managers will be considerate if a player lives a fair distance away from the club and will let them have occasional days off.

But, annual leave per player? No, can't see it happening unless what they really mean is unpaid leave.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I didn't understand that bit about asking the players to take annual leave. I've seen a few professional contracts (some years ago, needed for work I was doing at the time) and no-one ever got any annual leave.

How would that work then? Podge to MF in March, "Boss, can I have the next 2 weeks off please? I'm taking the wife and kids to Centre Parks".

Yes, they can get compassionate or emergency leave, if a family member is I'll, and most managers will be considerate if a player lives a fair distance away from the club and will let them have occasional days off.

But, annual leave per player? No, can't see it happening unless what they really mean is unpaid leave.
This is the standard wording for this season -

Holidays
For each Holiday Year the Player shall be entitled to take in the aggregate the equivalent of five weeks paid holiday to be taken at a time or times and for such days during the Holiday Year as shall be determined by the Club but so that (subject to the Club’s first team and any international commitments) the Club shall not unreasonably refuse to permit the Player to take three of such weeks consecutively. Holidays not taken during any Holiday Year (or subject to agreement by the Club within one month of the end of such Holiday Year) may not be carried forward into any subsequent Holiday Year.