Re: Season End, what’s your view?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:August is likely too early to restart, though behind closed doors might be possible by then.

People won't be going on holidays in June, or July.
They will be going on holidays but maybe over here rather than abroad
It's possible, but I don't think so. That would likely be classed as non-essential travel. And the peak is currently looking likely to last through the summer, into late September maybe. So travel restrictions, which will get stricter in the next few weeks, will likely be still in place.

NearlyDead wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:August is likely too early to restart, though behind closed doors might be possible by then.

People won't be going on holidays in June, or July.
They will be going on holidays but maybe over here rather than abroad
It's possible, but I don't think so. That would likely be classed as non-essential travel. And the peak is currently looking likely to last through the summer, into late September maybe. So travel restrictions, which will get stricter in the next few weeks, will likely be still in place.

In that case they won't want football team buses travelling the country and that's without fans

Just write this season off football doesn't matter at these times

Stan A. Einstein wrote:My view on the most likely of many possible scenarios.

Football will not recommence until January 2021. The FA Cup will be abandoned for this season. The Leagues will play out this season and the two major Cups will also be squeezed in to the period from January until May 2021. Football will then return to normal in August 2021.
I see today that the Premier League and the EFL have changed their rules to allow this season to be extended beyond June 30th. Further they have set no time limit on the extension.

Oh Lord it's so hard to be humble...... :grin:

Amberexile wrote:Some interesting views from Dale Vince in today's Argus

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ers-chief/
Don't think there will be a rush to support his views. Who's to say that a small number of Premier League players having symptoms of the virus will be true in six weeks time. Stating that the season will eventually have to be completed behind closed doors as the only option is simply not true. It could, as stated here be completed from January onwards in packed stadiums. Of course with a loss of the revenue of 2,500 supporters covered by his fat wallet it's of little consequence to Mr Vince.

excessbee wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Some interesting views from Dale Vince in today's Argus

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ers-chief/
Don't think there will be a rush to support his views. Who's to say that a small number of Premier League players having symptoms of the virus will be true in six weeks time. Stating that the season will eventually have to be completed behind closed doors as the only option is simply not true. It could, as stated here be completed from January onwards in packed stadiums. Of course with a loss of the revenue of 2,500 supporters covered by his fat wallet it's of little consequence to Mr Vince.
Yes the worry is that I guess very few people are buying season tickets at the moment and he may gather support from other chairmen worried about their finances.

Good Morning!

There has been talk of people supporting closed businesses by buying no expiry date vouchers to help there cash flow.
Would this work for football clubs too?
Would you buy now for matches to happen in the future? Maybe not full season tickets as that can be a bit pricy but a book of 3, 6 or so matches, bought now and valid indefinitely.
I come down 3 or 4 times a season and would happily buy in advance at the moment, certainly as not spending money going anywhere else at the moment!

Phil in Northampton

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Could the Premier League break ranks and go behind closed doors?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 13786.html

What dangerous fools if they do you will have park sides saying hey why don't we carry on playing no one watches us anyway
There seems to be little regards for the players and staff also.
Actually, there is quite an easy way to make it work, but it'll require quite a bit of sacrifice for the individuals concerned. All you have to do is get everyone who is to be involved (club staff, TV crews, etc) together and isolate them from the outside world for 7 days and then test them for the virus. If everyone is clear then you can start training and playing. The hard part is that they must all then be isolated until the season plays out.

[Edit] Logistically, I'd split the whole group into two or three smaller groups first. Then, once everyone has been tested, the groups with a -ve result can be combined. If any one of the groups returns a +ve test result then only that group needs isolating further.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:From the Non-League Paper -

The National League have asked The FA for assistance in postponing all remaining fixtures and to end the season as soon as possible.

There the only ones talking sense

Null and void 2019/20 season it doesn't matter

I disagree. I think it needs to be completed when safe to do so. Two thirds of the way through with only 8/9/10 games to go. Finish it before starting next season.

To complex to postpone. Call it as it is, (Average points per game) everyone started in the same place, and have had the same opportunities to date.
If you’re top of the league or in the promotion places, well done, if you’re in the relegation places hard luck but you put yourselves there. No Play offs, highest placed team goes up, not entirely fair but definitely the fairest solution.
We can then get on with hopefully planning for next season as normal.
Admittedly not the most important thing.