Foodbank

Sorry to put this on everyone but with everyone struggling and people might not be getting full pay

How about we do another collection for the food bank its a good thing for us to show the Newport County community wants to help

If you can donate mark it foodbank and pay via PayPal to jim.drewett@ntlworld.com please pay family and friends or they take a cut

Cheers Jim

Re: Foodbank

Dear UTP
You are clearly a caring individual.
Want to share this tale
I've had the privilege of volunteering and helping for well over a year at Guildford's Day Centre for rough sleepers,homeless,folks with drug problems and the vulnerable.
Have met some wonderful folks. for much of this time I've been taking surplus food that my local co op have over at the end of the day..Lugged often large amounts on bus to deliver. Always of use.
Last week took six dozen eggs one day out of date and pointed it out to two members of staff..
Kitchen looked very tidy on Friday .... I took a look in the wheelie bin and a load of my stuff plus the eggs had been chucked.
I was not happy ...To compound it all one of the paid members of staff helped themselves to a wrapped co op sarnie and ate it
Bizarre ain't it?

Good wishes
Norm

papajohn wrote:Big Well Done Jim
No Jon well done to everyone that's contributed its nothing for me to help

I got to say mind seen thing on news yesterday that the numbers of full time workers having to use foodbanks is on the increase WTF is going on in this country its the 21st century and people are having to relying on foodbanks to feed the kids

Just had text off foodbank i asked them what they are short of

"Hi Alan from Stow Park Church mash potato baked beans any soup Small till of ham weetbixs hot dogs meat balls tins spaghetti. Tins of rice pudding sardines tuna tin potatoes thank you so much god bless you "

Thats the sort of stuff they need if anyone can help as well wherever you live give your local foodbank a ring see what they need