Re: Just for fun.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Aberdare Athletic.
That was quick.

Okay. What is the significance of these two games Blackburn 1-0 Blackpool and Coventry 5-3 Wrexham in1959?
Were they Christmas Day fixtures Stan because I'm sure I read that Blackburn played Blackpool on a Christmas Day but might be wrong year

worksop amber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That was quick.

Okay. What is the significance of these two games Blackburn 1-0 Blackpool and Coventry 5-3 Wrexham in1959?
Were they Christmas Day fixtures Stan because I'm sure I read that Blackburn played Blackpool on a Christmas Day but might be wrong year
They were indeed the last two Christmas day fixtures played in England.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That was quick.

Didn't Google it, but a couple of years back I bought a great little book called Lost Football League Grounds. It's a great read and Aberdare is included (Somerton Park also). It lists all the grounds with some long lost clubs and many aerial photos. The one that is most stunning is Ayresome Park because of the density of terraced houses around the ground.
Last edited by excessbee on April 12th, 2020, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:On 21st December 1957 what scoring record did Huddersfield town set?
Morning Brendan. Was that the time when Denis Law scored either 5 or 6 goals in one game whilst playing for them?
And wasn't it abandoned so his goals never counted just something i read somewhere

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:On 21st December 1957 what scoring record did Huddersfield town set?
Morning Brendan. Was that the time when Denis Law scored either 5 or 6 goals in one game whilst playing for them?
And wasn't it abandoned so his goals never counted just something i read somewhere
Morning Mike, morning Jim,

Sorry but no. This is a tricky one.