Player of the Year

Possibly a bit premature to consider this but I see the Argus is running a poll with 6 players short-listed.

I'm ok with that and it gives readers and fans something to think about. But, no Micky in the shortlist?! I went straight to their site to vote for him but to no avail. Am I right in questioning why they have Sheehan, Haynes and Podge on their shortlist but not Micky D?

Re: Player of the Year

JonD wrote:If my employer ran an employee of the year award and gave it to a bloke who's been on the sick half the time I'd be a bit gutted.
Good point but equally it makes no difference to me. My vote goes to whoever I feel put in the best or most consistent performances when they played, it's hardly their fault if they're injured for part of the season. So, whoever gets the best average score if marks out of ten were awarded. Micky would get my vote.

Supporters of my 'other team' (Oxford) gave the player of the year award to Kemar Roofe a couple of years ago, at the time he was on loan from WBA and only played about 11 games yet still got their vote.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on April 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.