Re: No new pitch

UPTHEPORT wrote:I'm sure i heard couple clubs having pitches done now

You would have thought with the heavy machinery involved you can keep social distancing
I'm sure that should playing behind closed doors become a reality then representations could be made to the various bodies to locate those games at other venues. There's something like a minimum of 6-8 weeks yet to sort such logistics.

No, the prime reason seems to be the Dragons going private is on hold, and the funds (or part thereof) for the pitch work are tied up with that buyout.

I think that was always going to be the result and I have no criticism of the decision. However, as I said in earlier posts, that surface is shot and I shudder to think what condition it will be in this time next year. I hope the EFL are sympathetic towards us.

allontheamber wrote:I think that was always going to be the result and I have no criticism of the decision. However, as I said in earlier posts, that surface is shot and I shudder to think what condition it will be in this time next year. I hope the EFL are sympathetic towards us.
Rugby in wet conditions, as always, will be the real pitch killer. If the rugby sides could fix their home games to be outside the early/mid-November to early March period then there'd be a half decent chance the pitch would be as good as Somerton Park ever was come end of March/early April. Crap, but playable.