Re: County worst eleven

Percy plunkett wrote:Don't want to sound a prude but,not in good taste this.Every player tried his best,well most of them,no need to belittle former players.
Fans of every club do this. It’s not belittling the players, sometimes it just doesn’t happen for them. Look at Veron at Man Utd. Ps I have a nomination for CB. A certain Kevin ‘Rhino’ Stephens. In fact all of the Redbridge Four (or was it Five) could be nominated.

I've put some players out of position just to try and make an 11. No doubt as well we would of had much worse players in non league. These are the most recent players that come to mind though.

Bittner

Darren jones
Meite
Tom naylor (just for his performances against morecambe)
Lazar

Klukowski
Marsh brown
Poleon
Whitely

Jackson
Jeffers

I'd include myself in this list. I once donned an amber shirt in a pre-season charity match.

Shame to see Klukowski in the nominees' team, he had a couple of excellent seasons at FGR as a regularly scoring midfielder. Maybe he found his level there.

I won't hear a bad word about J-Lo though. Scored a magnificent winner in a televised cup game for Oxford v Swinetown when the BBC cameras caught him celebrating in the changing room afterwards, naked and happy as they'd drawn Arsenal in the next round. I think I read that the guy has had 42 different spells at various clubs (so, he's not played for 42 clubs but returned to a few in second spells etc) over a 20+yr career, and some of the time getting to training and games by bus after he got a driving ban. Shows he still enjoys the game and cares so, ability or not, he'd never be in my worst XI, he's a legend of sorts.

Nathanncfc wrote:I've put some players out of position just to try and make an 11. No doubt as well we would of had much worse players in non league. These are the most recent players that come to mind though.

Bittner

Darren jones
Meite
Tom naylor (just for his performances against morecambe)
Lazar

Klukowski
Marsh brown
Poleon
Whitely

Jackson
Jeffers
Darren Jones the first time round was a good player

Dogger wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Don't want to sound a prude but,not in good taste this.Every player tried his best,well most of them,no need to belittle former players.
Fans of every club do this. It’s not belittling the players, sometimes it just doesn’t happen for them. Look at Veron at Man Utd. Ps I have a nomination for CB. A certain Kevin ‘Rhino’ Stephens. In fact all of the Redbridge Four (or was it Five) could be nominated.
Stephens played RB.

Sorry but Darren Jones was a good player full stop. His legs ran out of juice at the end but he always gave 100% for us in my opinion.

Thought that Jefferson Louis was excellent for us in his short spell as well!

Chris Price signings should be all over this squad.

rncfc wrote:Sorry but Darren Jones was a good player full stop. His legs ran out of juice at the end but he always gave 100% for us in my opinion.

Agreed, Darren Jones wouldn't be anywhere near my worst ever eleven. As for Jefferson Louis, he always made the effort. Any team that signed him knew exactly what they would get - a committed player who wouldn't be with them for long. He made no pretence otherwise. No complaints.

rncfc wrote:Sorry but Darren Jones was a good player full stop. His legs ran out of juice at the end but he always gave 100% for us in my opinion.

Agreed. I don’t get the Tom Naylor one either, yes he had two ‘mares against the same oppo but he was a quality player for us.

Basically agree with this, but I'll make an exception for Felino Jardim.

Jefferson Louis is an easy target because everyone remembers the goalpost thing but I thought he did a good job.