Re: County worst eleven

Just to elaborate about Danny Potter: I know that earlier in his career he was a tidy keeper but with us he was awful: the 0-4 defeat v TNS was memorable. All he did was snarl at the young lads who were struggling against a slick outfit and hardly moved when the goals went in. I was there as it's only half an hour for me though my mind was on our first team winning at Gateshead.Helicopters and loads of police were all over the place. It was comical as they obviously hadn't done their homework. This was the worst experience in the FAW cup for me.

I was at that TNS game and I don't remember policing at anything like that level at the ground although apparently there were loads at the station which is miles out of town. From a later programme article:

".. police were reportedly out in force when our fringe team played at TNS in the Welsh Cup while the first team were in action the same afternoon at Gateshead, including at the local station, even further out in the sticks at Gobowen. It's like the Sweeney turning up in Miss Marple's village. The only nutters the TNS game was ever going to attract are the "must be mad to want to go" brigade (e.g. me, my wife and brother), rather than the "day's not complete if you don't have a fight" crew. Who would anyone find to fight with on the outskirts of Oswestry, anyway? The Sons of Glyndwr coming down from the mountains, unhappy that we play in the English pyramid?"

It was the full Welsh Cup, had it been the FAW Trophy they wouldn't have double-booked the date! To be fair, Potter was on a hiding to nothing against full-timers on their own plastic pitch behind a youth team defence. We had three first-teamers on duty - Tom Miller put in a shift but Felino Jardim just hid.

rncfc wrote:Sorry but Darren Jones was a good player full stop. His legs ran out of juice at the end but he always gave 100% for us in my opinion.

Thought that Jefferson Louis was excellent for us in his short spell as well!

Chris Price signings should be all over this squad.
Darren Jones played a season too long - he was an absolute liability in that last season (cost us a trip to Anfield) he also looked like he had enough and to be honest I always felt he used County for a pay day when his legs and motivation had gone.

amberbhoy wrote:Left back Trevor Matthewson.
Midfield Wynne Hooper
Striker Colin Sinclair.
Were all awful for us back in the day
Agree with Sinclair I think he was the signing of my County journey that we paid money for £5k? and what a let down. I can just about remember Hooper thought he was ok and Mathewson had something about him. There have been worse.