LAST DAY OF THE SEASON

Good Morning!

Today would have been the last day of the season. With the rest of the family I would have been travelling down to Newport for my favourite game of the season, against my home town team, Northampton Town.
I would have engaged in friendly ( and some not so!) banter on the Cobblers message board and with Cobblers supporting friends.
I would have met and said hello with many acquaintances made over the years from Newport, sadly this year it’s not to be.
With a bit of self indulgence, I have written a short story, on what might have been if the virus hadn’t occurred.

Originally to put on a Cobblers thread on their message board I thought in this time of football drought, I would also share it here, so settle down and imagine you are at Rodney Parade on what would have been the last game of the season

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehote ... #msg408489

Phil in Northampton

Re: LAST DAY OF THE SEASON

pembsexile wrote:Cheltenham eh? That could go either way. Just hope it doesn’t go to penalties after the second game like last year. My ticker couldn’t take it. :cheers: Has anyone got a match report from yesterday’s game :wink:
If it does go to pens then rest assured that Robbie will be subbed a few minutes before the end like against Salford and Tranmere.

pembsexile wrote:Cheltenham eh? That could go either way. Just hope it doesn’t go to penalties after the second game like last year. My ticker couldn’t take it. :cheers: Has anyone got a match report from yesterday’s game :wink:
All I know is that Podge won man of the match and there is going to be uproar on here later.

Willthiswork wrote:
All I know is that Podge won man of the match and there is going to be uproar on here later.
What, again!! Was he the only one nominated, like one of the other times? Which mom poll do we look at? Will his points count towards the overall total? Still, he is a class player.