Re: Players Released

rncfc wrote:I'd have Nouble back. The sort of player who makes things happen, even if his body language wasn't always the best.
You must be joking right,14 goals in 90 games over two seasons for Colchester.For us,he only tried in August and April,the rest of the time he would do two runs down the touchline at about the 65 min mark.That was to make sure he wasn't subbed and to make Harps think he was good.One of the laziest players who only plays when he feels like it.He will get a gig somewhere no doubt,start off in August great then coast through the season.

They both struck me as fairly flawed players.

Jackson was an awful defender. He had next to no positional awareness. His asset was as an attacking FB.

Nouble - I'm not really sure what he was. He generally got the ball, hogged the touch line for a few minutes then lost the ball.

I'd be curious to see how Jackson's game has developed.

I thought Ryan Jackson was destined for better things. To see that he has been released by Colchester was a surprise to me. It looks like his game hasn't developed.

The trouble with modern full backs is that they flatter to deceive. Like a lot of full backs I thought he was superb going forward, that is when he caught the eye. Never really noticed him as a stand out defender though. Sort of neutral, never really good, never really bad.

It is probably the toughest position on the pitch and you normally have only one third of the pitch to marshall. To be top class you have to be very good at defending and attacking aka Ben White. He is destined for greater things I believe.

Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:I'd have Nouble back. The sort of player who makes things happen, even if his body language wasn't always the best.
You must be joking right,14 goals in 90 games over two seasons for Colchester.For us,he only tried in August and April,the rest of the time he would do two runs down the touchline at about the 65 min mark.That was to make sure he wasn't subbed and to make Harps think he was good.One of the laziest players who only plays when he feels like it.He will get a gig somewhere no doubt,start off in August great then coast through the season.
Probably the classiest player to put a pair of boots on for the County since we returned to the league.
A superb hat trick and other goals agreed few and far between but only he could score them.
Wonderful talent and such a shame wasted.
Still got no idea why he played out wide as in the middle he was as the hat trick game unplayable.
Flynny wanted to keep him but money talks.
Who has been better to watch since.
oh yes Azeez and Polleon. :lol:

If flynny drops me a line will be happy to return on my current salary and I will bring my mate Ryan along also.
think we could make a difference to some of the dross played this season.
Keep the fans entertained and of course frustrated.
That's talent for you.

Stay safe

pembsexile wrote:I thought Ryan Jackson was destined for better things. To see that he has been released by Colchester was a surprise to me. It looks like his game hasn't developed..
It's clear from the first sentence of the report that they'd much rather re-sign him and it's purely financial.

Looking ahead, this is about rugby in England below the top flight but the situation must be similar. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... g3RVpTfLVM

County Exile wrote:Exile 1976 wrote:-
I’d be happy with Jacko back, the best right back I’ve seen in a County shirt.
I'd be happy with Jackson back too but the best right back I've seen in a County shirt was Richard Walden.
Richard Walden was a wonderful player and 100% agree with you, the best right back I have ever seen in a county shirt and over 60 years I've seen a few.

You are right there Harps about Frank.A wasted talent,he obviously has ability but he only uses it sparingly when he feels like it,unfortunately,he didn't feel like it very often.As another poster said,a couple of powerful runs down the touchline that would fizzle out.If he had desire and hunger to go with his physique,he could have done something but,he was happy as a journeyman.